Monday, August 16, 2010

Our Big 4 year old boy

Our J boy is 4! I can't believe it, he can't be 4 already?! How did my Baby Boy get so big?


This was the year I decided to let him actually have a party. The last three years he could have cared less if he had a "Themed" party with friends over or not so I didn't worry about doing all that if he didn't know the difference.

I know, I'm a horrible Mother.

All he wanted those years was cake and ice cream and maybe a present so why spend more money when he'll never remember any way. That is just me, don't judge me! I still love my kid even if I don't throw an over-the-top-party every year for him.

ANY WAY....

This year being our last year here with his friends and with him being a little older and understanding more about birthdays and parties, I decided to ask him if he wanted a birthday party. Of course the answer was yes.

His theme? Spiderman, his choice.

I'm not the type of Mom to go over the top, like I said. I try and be creative and try to make it fun yet simple, and really there is no need to break the bank on a fourth birthday party, or any kids party for that matter.

We played two games, which, for four year old's that is as much as their attention spans can handle any way.

One was Toss the spider into the web, it was a big hit! It was so simple but they loved it.

The other was a "Web walk". Played like a cake walk, the web walk was just walking on webs (drawn on paper) to the spider man theme music ("Spiderman, Spiderman, does what ever a spiderman can...") and when it stops who ever is standing on the number web called out got their goody bag. We played until every one had a chance to win. It was simple and the kids liked that they all got to "win".

And that my friends is as "all out" as I go for my four year old's birthday party, and he LOVED it!

The spider toss.

After the web walk they all got their spiderman masks on to pose for the camera, all but Micah. Look at that cheesy smile, that kid cracks me up!

I wanted a picture with their faces in it....can you see who was mad about taking the mask off?
Mr. Diva Birthday boy! He got over it quickly.

This kid was SPOILED this year with presents. I think the last three years he literally got one maybe two presents each year. One being from me and one from grandma. This year, though, he had LOTS and he love it.

This present in the picture below was his favorite and of course the coolest presents came from Grandma. It was a G.I. Joe set with a sword that made the "ching ching" noise as you swung it so it sounds like you are hitting another sword. Pretty cool! Who knew G.I. Joe sported a sword and Chinese trowing stars?

I love his face in the picture he was so excited.
So there ya have it. J boys' first birthday party.

Man I love that kid!

Some days I just wish he'd stop growing up.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm glad he liked my present! Great pictures, almost like being there. So where are the pics of E's toothless grin that Wendy said were on facebook? You know I don't do Facebook!!