Monday, May 09, 2011

It's good to be a Mom!

These people treated me pretty good yesterday!Including this guy

The kids fought less the hubby helped out (as usual) and I just got to enjoy it all.

I love my Husband

I love my kids

I love being a wife and a Mother even if I'm not perfect at either one.

I love being the best I can be in both of those roles of my life.

Motherhood is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever and will ever do in my life time. I'm thankful for my children and all they teach me.

You'll have to excuse me while I complain about something for a minute.

I think it's silly when people say they "hate" Mother's Day because listening to the talks in Church or to people "bragging" about their Mother's all day makes them feel like they don't measure up to everyone else's perception of who and what they should be as a Mother.

LAME! I'm sorry but that is a lame reason to hate Mother's Day.

We are all imperfect Mothers, we ALL make mistakes BUT Mother's Day is to Celebrate the good in being a Mother. Without Mothers none of us would exist (Same goes for Fathers). With out Mother's no one would be taught how to be good people and to do good unto others. No one would feel that wonderful love that a Mother offers, which love is like no other.

So why not Celebrate them? Why not talk ONLY good of them? Why not give them ONE day where we recognize their most important role?

okay I'm done :)


Anyway I love Mother's Day! I love it because I love to reflect on the life long lessons my Mother has taught me. I love be reminded, to have a day, to feel that love and appreciation for my Mother and all she has done for me.

It's not about the gifts or cards or flowers or what-have-you. It's about appreciating your Mother and being appreciated as a Mother. It's about recognizing the good that Mother's are and can be.

I've had "bad" Mother's Day's (we won't go into that), but that has never made me hate this day that we have every year to celebrate Mother's around the world.

Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day yesterday!

I wanted to get a picture of me with the kids. I want to do this every year and make it a tradition, but I forgot to do it after church when we were all "pretty" so this is right after bath time before bed time. Can you tell, my son has floss in his hand :) At least we got a few taken.

2 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

I'm glad you had such a good day! Happy Mother's Day!!

khepworth said...

You look so pretty in your emerald green dress.