I've been promising my Mom that I'd post a video of Lulu Crawling. She's been crawling for a couple of months now and I just keep forgetting to video her doing it. So here ya go Mom here she is crawling.
When she sees that the stairs are not gated off she crawls so fast to get to them. She can do stairs but she's not so great at them, so we block them off so she doesn't tumble down them, which has only happened once so far (poor baby). She kind of does that fast crawl in the video but she's usually way faster, we call it her "speedy crawl".
To update on Lulu:
She had her one year check up. She's average for her weight, tall for her height and her head is in the 80% (of course, all my kids heads are larger than normal). She's got three teeth with at least three more on the way. She sleeps great through the night except when she's teething and even then she does okay. She's down to one nap a day, which is nice in it's own way. But it's funny how just when I get used to our schedule with her two naps she decides to change it up on me. Isn't that how it always is?
She's crawling a lot attempting to stand on her own some times. She pulls her self up on everything and everyone but she has yet to master the cruising around the furniture. So I'm guessing she'll take a couple of months before she walks and I'm okay with that :)
She talks a lot. I forget that babies can talk this young. J boy was my silent child and didn't talk a whole lot until he was closer to two. But this lady loves to repeat everything we say. Her favorites are: Go go or go git (which means 'go get it'), Mama ma ma, Dada da da, hi and bye, hey, lulu (her actual name) she loves saying her name all the time as she crawls around the house, it's pretty cute. She also says J boy's and E's name too. If we tell her to say something she usually attempts to say it in her own way. She's a little chatter box already.
She loves to bug her brother. It's really quite funny to watch and really I can't discipline her for it because she doesn't do it to make him mad rather it's kind of her way of "playing" with him or her way of getting his attention. It drives him crazy and it makes me laugh! I usually have to tell J boy things like "She just loves you and wants you to play with her." or then it gets to the point of "Just go where she can't follow, if she's bugging you that much." That's when he heads up stairs, where she cannot get to him.
She's in the "Mama's girl" stage and I'm not loving it. She won't go to hardly anyone else but me. She's okay with C but when she's tired I'm all she wants. I'm not used to that kind of baby because my other two were not like that at all. I told my Mom the other day she's my latest accessory she's always hanging off of me, or on my hip. Who needs jewelry or belts or hats when you have a cute little girl always attached to you, giving accents to your outfit like barf or drool or greasy smears down your arms/front/back/legs?
We love this little lady, even with her attachment to me I can't get enough of her cute personality.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Lulu update
Posted by Kris at 9:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for the video! She is sooooo darling, I hope she doesn't walk before I see her crawl in real life. Hurry and come see us!!
Post a Comment