Tuesday, October 02, 2007

E's Testimony

So yesterday I went to the store with both kids. I do not like to do this many of you with more than one child know exactly what I am talking about but I had to because C has a test tomorrow and needed to study with no distractions. Any way so I decided I would survive a quick trip to the store for some milk and other basics. I put them in one of those carts with the car attached to the front with the steering wheels thinking this will keep them entertained for our quick trip around the store. Well of course about 4 minutes into my shopping they begin to fight over the steering wheels even though there was one for each of them. I just put up with the screaming and hitting until we got to the cereal/toy isle. At this point E grabs one of those plastic fake microphones that make your voice sound all echoey. Any way so since she had slobbered all over it I couldn't very well put it back and since J was trying to yank it out of her hands I had to get one for him to slobber all over and of course buy both of them. Spending $3 on those stupid things was worth my sanity for the remainder of our little outing. So I get them in the car and as I'm putting away the groceries and listening to "ahh ahh la la la la ah ah" from both my kids in their seats I didn't hear any words until E decides to bear her testimony. It was hilarious! I hear her say "I have a testimony, I love my mommy and daddy and brother and baby sister (even though she does not have a baby sister not even one on the way, she wishes) I go to church, at my nursery, I like to talk in the microphone...." she continued for a while I didn't understand the rest but it was priceless. The only time she listens in sacrament meeting is when those kids get up to bear the testimonies and since she had a microphone she decided it was a good time to bear her testimony, I'm not sure that she even understands what a testimony is but we'll have to work on that for when she is old enough to bear her testimony in church.
here she is with her new microphone

5 comments:

Katie L said...

Your kids are much funnier than mine! You have funny stories all the time, and I just have the boys doing nothing worth writing about! It's just not fair at all! That Eden is a crack up!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

Very funny! I have a feeling Jenna is going to pick up on the whole testimony thing real soon...

Agree about Sacrament meeting though...grrr...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

by the way that last comment was by Denisse not Scott. I guess I'm signed up under his email! Oh well!

lynsey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.