"That's the Internet!"
Ha ha ha ha I love this picture of her it makes me laugh every time I look at it.
That's my Internet Geek!
E says to me yesterday "Mom I need to go to my friends house today okay?"
I say "No sweetie today is school, you need to go to school today."
E then says "Okay first I will go to my friends house and then I will go to school, that's the Internet mom!"
me: "What?!" and then E repeats herself saying "that's the internet mom!"
Okay so I'm not quite sure what she meant by that but I couldn't help but laugh. She doesn't even know what "the internet" really is but I found it rather funny that she has that word in her vocabulary, she's in preschool! This story tells us two things: one, that C and I probably spend too much time on the Internet and two, kids these days are so surrounded by technology most of all computers and the internet that it's something hard to avoid exposing them to. When I was growing up we didn't even have a computer in our home until I was in High school. Now it isn't uncommon for homes to have computers in every kids room. I can see why the Prophet is warning us about the dangers of computers/internet and where we put the them in our homes. I have already decided we will not put the computer up in a room out of the way but rather keep it in an open area. It's not that I think some thing bad will happen but why risk it? When we some day have a house of our own I think I would like an office like my in-laws they have it right off the living room with a glass door you can see through I think that is a good idea.
Any way I wanted to share that silly story of E, she says the funniest things some times.
I say "No sweetie today is school, you need to go to school today."
E then says "Okay first I will go to my friends house and then I will go to school, that's the Internet mom!"
me: "What?!" and then E repeats herself saying "that's the internet mom!"
Okay so I'm not quite sure what she meant by that but I couldn't help but laugh. She doesn't even know what "the internet" really is but I found it rather funny that she has that word in her vocabulary, she's in preschool! This story tells us two things: one, that C and I probably spend too much time on the Internet and two, kids these days are so surrounded by technology most of all computers and the internet that it's something hard to avoid exposing them to. When I was growing up we didn't even have a computer in our home until I was in High school. Now it isn't uncommon for homes to have computers in every kids room. I can see why the Prophet is warning us about the dangers of computers/internet and where we put the them in our homes. I have already decided we will not put the computer up in a room out of the way but rather keep it in an open area. It's not that I think some thing bad will happen but why risk it? When we some day have a house of our own I think I would like an office like my in-laws they have it right off the living room with a glass door you can see through I think that is a good idea.
Any way I wanted to share that silly story of E, she says the funniest things some times.
That's my Internet Geek!
3 comments:
How cute and funny!!! Calvin sometimes brings me garbage and calls it e-mail. They are so funny!
That's pretty funny. I think you're right about the computer being somewhere where everyone can see it. Just to be safe!
Hi Kristin it has been a little while. I just thought I would look at your blog today. You have really gotten into it. It was really fun to read about what is going on in your life. I do miss you guys here at the trailer park. It would have been fun to have Gabe walk over to your house and play. Boy I sure can relate to your stories. Take Care Michelle
Post a Comment