Thursday, October 04, 2007

LICE!!

That is all I have to say, LICE, and that will make any mom cringe. Well lucky for E and ME we have both contracted lice!! E got it weeks ago and we thought we had taken care of it, unfortunately not and she passed it on to me! I am so mad, frustrated, and grossed out I could hurt some one. I have been up since 5am fretting about these stupid creatures, I know I shouldn't get so upset but these buggers are hard to get rid of.
C has today and tomorrow off of school we planned a family camping trip and now lice has ruined our weekend. We are still going because the site is reserved with no refund and we have been dying to go camping this whole season I can't let the stupid lice ruin it for us.
I'm sitting here looking completely ridiculous with my hair drenched in conditioner with a plastic bag on my head while looking up facts about lice and how to get rid of them on the internet. I know you wish I would take a picture and put it on here so you can see but that is not going to happen.
At first I was slightly embarrassed that I have lice until I found out that lice like clean and smooth hair to live on that is where they will thrive the best. So just so you know you all should be jealous (not because I have lice you do not want this) but because I have beautiful shiny smooth clean hair. Okay so I'm just trying to make myself feel better give me a break I HAVE LICE!!!


8 comments:

Leslie said...

I am so sorry! That sounds miserable! We haven't had to deal with lice yet, but I'll definitely be coming to you when and if that ever comes up. Good luck and have fun on your camping trip!

khepworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie L said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Toby and Tammy said...

Holy Cow! That is soooo gross. I am so sorry and I hope things get fixed fast.
I had it when I was a little girl. My parents freaked! I got it from some kid at school. gross huh?!

Rachel Holloway said...

OOOOH....grossed out! So sorry you have that. I have been worried about the day that will happen to us...Hope it clears up SUPER fast!

Breanna said...

Growing up on the coast, my sis and I got lice a ton! It always seemed like it came up when we were camping. My mom would chop our hair off, and then deal with the rest of the "clean up" I have an itchy head just thinking about it, I have definate empathy for you!

Denisse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy said...

That's pretty awesome that you got lice. I'm lucky to have avoided it so far. None of the kids in my class have even had it these past few years. I am jealous of your shiny smooth beautiful hair though! :)