Tuesday, June 24, 2008

For my Family

So I meant to blog yesterday for my one and only Brother! He is so special in our family, he's the only boy out of SIX girls so he holds a special place in all our hearts. Yesterday was my little brother's Birthday and since I couldn't call him on his birthday, because he's on his mission, I wanted to put up this post for him so he knows I didn't forget, well I forgot to post it yesterday on his birthday but I knew it was his birthday :)
Any way I remember the day he was born I was 7 years old and my grandma came over to watch all us girls while Mom and Dad went to the hospital. I remember when they called Grandma after he was born and My mom and Dad (mostly my Dad) were so excited to tell us we finally had a brother! We were so excited too. I don't remember if we even went to the hospital but I do remember when he came home and he was the cutest baby boy ever! I have always loved babies and always wanted to be the one to help mommy with the baby and I remember feeling so special when I got to hold little Davey and help Mommy feed him, change him and bathe him.
Growing up with David he was such an easy going little boy. At times I look back and almost feel like a second Mom to him. My Mom worked part time and some times full time while growing up and so when I'd come home from school I was always put on baby duty either by my two older sisters or my Dad if he needed help because I loved doing it. I remember lugging him around with me playing Mommy and I loved it. I remember sticking up for him when his little sister would beat up on him, it's not that he wasn't tough enough to hurt her back he was just too nice! They grew out of the "hating each other" stage and are now close but back when they were little we thought they'd never get along.
A little bit about my brother....He is so nice to every one! He is like the least judgmental guy I know. He has always had lots of friends because people love to be around him. He's a funny guy, he loves to joke around and laugh with us (his sisters). He is so laid back which can be a good thing if he is laid back when he needs to be :) He is very musically talented and we are all proud of him. He has self taught himself to play the piano the guitar and to sing. I loved going home for the Holidays and my brother would sing or play the piano or the guitar, it was always nice to have that around the house. He's a hard worker. He starting working with my dad when he was really young like 12 or something, and he learned young how to work hard for his money. I know by his emails that he is now out working hard for the Lord on his mission and I am so proud of him!
I just wanted to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe you are 20! We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work! We Love you David!

So today is my Mom and Dad's Anniversary and I just wanted to say a quick Happy Anniversary to you! I think it's fun that my little brother was born right before my Mom and Dad's Anniversary I remember my Mom saying to my Dad " Well Happy Anniversary hunny you have a Son" I always thought that was kind of sweet, what a nice anniversary present my mom gave my Dad that year :) Any way I think it's great that my parents have been married 31 years and although at times it might not have been easy and they both sacrificed a lot for one another, they are still in love and that is how I want to be at my 31st anniversary with my hubby. Thank you Mom and Dad for loving us kids enough to love each other so much, if that makes sense?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sweety, for the nice thoughts. I believe these are the payback days for the struggles of having 7 kids and barely surviving. We know what a lucky man "C" is and we hope he knows, too. I know David reads your blogs so thanks for your special B-day card for him.
We love you very much, Mom & Dad