Friday, June 20, 2008

J's Bike
Before we left of our mini-vacation up to Chicago area I went to good 'ol Walmart for some last minute things and found that they had a three wheeled bike on sale, it was the one I had been looking at getting J for a long time but I just didn't want to shell out that much $$ for a plastic three wheeler. Since it was on sale I decided to get it for him. We spend a lot of time out in front of our house playing with friends and the poor little boy didn't have a bike to ride on. E got her big girl bike for her b-day and I'd catch J trying to get on and ride it and E would get mad and then they would fight. So I thought if he had his own bike there would be less fighting. When I brought it home I said "J look what mommy bought for you! This is for you buddy!" then I showed him the picture on the big box. His reaction was SO cute I wish I would have got my camera out before and took a picture or a video it was so priceless, he gasped big and then said "Wow!" then I said "that's your bike!" and then for the rest of the evening he would say "bike, my bike, bike, my bike, ride bike, my bike, ride bike...." it was so cute! The whole time while C put it together he kept trying to get on it saying "ride bike" he was so excited. He can't quite reach the pedals of his bike but it is one of those with the parent handle and a foot rest for him so he can be pushed until he's old enough to pedal. We took it out for a spin and he loved it! He was so excited. I thought this would stop the fighting but no, now E wants to ride his bike and he gets mad at her (sigh)! Any way I told you mom I'd put up some pictures of J on his bike, I don't have video of it yet so, patience!

Look at that face, he was so excited to finally sit on it.

I think I took this picture after I had tried several times to take him off his bike and bring him inside, he would not let go of it!


0 comments: