Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our time with Daddy
This month has been crazy! I'm feeling bad that this traumatic thing has happened to me on C's month off of school but to be honest it couldn't have happened at a better time. I don't know what I would have done with out my wonderful husband during all of this (see post below if you don't know what I am talking about). He has been so amazing, he has done more dishes than me in the last week or so, woken up with the kids if they are up in the night every time! He has pretty much taken over the "mom duties" for the last few days since I have felt my worst. I Love him so much and appreciate all he has done for me and for our family, Thank You Hunny!

I thought I'd put up some recent pictures of the kids and other happenings around our parts, besides me and my pain and complaints :) I'm actually slowly feeling better, lets hope it stays that way!

E got her hair cut, FINALLY! I have been asking her since the weather has gotten warmer (since the beginning of May) if I could get her hair cut and this was her response "No Mommy I want really really long hair like Kim." (her Auntie Kim) I would then try and convince her it would look so cute if we cut it and it would grow back out and that she would be less hot on her neck and so on, but to no avail. She just wanted to "look like a princess, like Pocahontas." she would say, silly girl! It had not been cut in a year, it was getting out of control and some thing needed to be done. So one day the kids were in the bath and I saw J's hair around his ears getting out of control so I started trimming it a little around his ears. She asked what I was doing so I said "I'm just trimming his hair a little." "oh, can you trim my hair?" E asked. I immediately said yes but it wouldn't be right then and there, it was getting late and she needed to go to bed. So just a couple of days ago she brought it up again and I thought I should just do it now before she changes her mid. So I did and she looks so cute. I forgot to take a before picture but I think she looks so much older now, and less ragamuffin-ish.... if that is a word?! I cut off at least two inches from the back (where it was the longest) although she had some strange stuff going on in the front and I didn't need to take off as much from there, but it looks so cute now and guess what? She LOVES it! She said "I just look so cute now momma!" and it is true she does.

Since C has been home we have tried to do some fun things as a family, we're kind of bad at planning things though. It's just so easy to sit and be lazy and enjoy each other's company at home. But in the last few weeks we have gotten out and enjoyed the beatiful weather together and it has been fun! We went to a PBS kids day in the park and it was fun, crowded but fun. The kids played in a bouncy toy which they loved and ate cotton candy, what more could they want?! We went to a nice park near by where they have a nice paved trail to bike on and the kids love riding in the bike trailer, we had a picnic dinner which E said she was "So et-cited" about. It was fun to get out and get some exercise and watch the kids have fun at the play ground. We took Daddy to the pool, the kids and I go often when it's hot out so it's nothing new to us, but C rarely goes so we all went with some friends and it was fun to have him there to watch the kids play. E went under water for the first time in a long time. She's kind of scared of the water but when she finally held her breath and put her face in she realized it was actually kind of fun and wouldn't stop after that, I was so proud. Now I need to put her in Swimming Lessons. Any way I hope we get to get out and do more things as a family before Daddy has to go back to school. Like I said I have been slowly feeling better and if that continues I think we'll have plenty of time to get out and do other fun things. Here are just a few pictures of the cute kiddos.


They couldn't get the Cotton Candy in their mouths fast enough, the only bad thing is the sticky mess we are left with when it is all gone.
I had to put this picture up because here J is sporting his "muscle T" or that is what I call it because it makes him look so tough! He is so dang cute!
This wasn't at the pool, I forgot to bring the camera to the pool but this was a hot day at a friends house with a slip and slide. My kids had never been on one so it was quite fun to watch them walk on to it then slip onto their butts and fall, I'm so mean but it's just too funny! They never really caught on to the concept of the slip and slide but they did stay very hydrated since they mostly stood there and drank the water squirting out.

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What fun pictures! And really, what perfect timing. I hope you have been able to rest and recoop! What a great husband you have for being willing to step in. :)

Unknown said...

Nice work E! Good to hear she conquered her fears of going under water. Now if only she learned how to use a slip-in-slide right she would really be having some fun!

Anonymous said...

nice tight arse on her love to get mycock in it