Monday, June 30, 2008

So it's 1 AM and I am still awake! Today was a beautiful Sunday, no heat, no humidity, just nice sun shine and a slight breeze, aahhh! I felt as though I were out west some where and not in this awful hot part of the country in which I really do live in(okay it's not awful I just don't like the hot humid summers). I didn't sleep that well last night but I did go to church today. I'm still in some pain, ya know the whole dislocated jaw thing:( but it wasn't too bad getting out of the house. Since I didn't sleep that well I decided that I would take a nice quick Sunday nap while the kids took theirs. Well little did I know that I would sleep for over 3 hours! Yikes I was tired I guess. So now that it is one in the morning and I can't sleep I figured I'd catch up on some blogging.

Over a year ago we moved in to the three bedroom town house we are in now. My only complaint about this apartment was the nasty old gross kitchen cupboards and sink. They smelled bad under the sink and were all sunken in. I knew there was mold under there, but the matenance guy said "it's just the paint that smells that way." yeah and you used the paint to cover up the mold growing I'm sure, and the paint made it all sag like that too I bet! It was gross but they told us they were getting all new cupboards with in the next year, so I didn't worry about it too much, I just avoided under my sink and didn't use some of the space since it smelled bad and I didn't want to open them very often.
About a month ago or so, while I was at my sister's wedding actually, I got my new cupboards installed and it has been nice to have them. Now they aren't the most expensive cupboards there is out there, okay so they are quite the opposite but that was too be expected out good 'ol MV where I live! But they look NICE and that is all that matters right now to me :)
Even though they aren't the most expesive cupboards out there here are a few reasons why I LOVE them.
1. sniff, sniff.....you smell that.....nope no mold, no stinky smell just new cupboard smell
2. when I clean the kitchen it just looks so much cleaner now.
3.I know that any junk, goo, crap,stickyness, ewyness, in or on these cupboards is from me and my family and not some one else. That's a good feeling especially if you find things like boogers, hey at least I know it's one of my kids or C's :)
4.Yay I can use all my cupboard space since they don't smell I don't mind storing things in them!
5.My sink! I love my sink now, I know it's not the nicest sink but it's so clean and I plan to keep it that way. You know how some people let their sinks get all moldy back behind and around the faucet and they don't ever clean it until they move out but it's still never all the way gone and then I move in to their old place (I'm not saying the Potters were gross people because I'm sure it was gross when they moved in, for those of you who know them :) and the sinks are far from getting clean ever no matter what you do there is always that hard water deposite and mold around them? Well I know that is how my old sink was and now I can stop it from doing that and keep it oh so clean for who ever moves in after we are done with this place. I love a clean sink!

Any way I mostly told my mom I'd show her how nice my kitchen now looks with the new cupboards, it makes all the difference in the world!

Ahh my clean sink!

I forgot to take a before picture so I was trying to find a picture with my old ones in it but I think I avoided getting pictures with them in it since they were kinda ugly so you'll just have to believe me that they are so much better now!

3 comments:

Hamblin Family said...

Love the cupboards. It is always nice to know you were the first one to use something and you're not living in someone else's gross mess.

Katie L said...

You guyslive in a 3 bedroom townhouse? That must be so nice! And how great that you were finally able to get new cupboards!! It has got to be so nice to not have that nasty smell anymore!!! Hooray for you and your clean, stinkless kitchen!!

Rachel Holloway said...

HOW AWESOME FOR YOU!!! I am JEALOUS of your giant kitchen!!!