Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bloggers Block
I feel like since I took a break from blogging for more than seven days I don't know what to put up on here any more, I'm having bloggers block I guess. But things have happened around here and I just need to get on and post them before I regret it.
Some thing really important happened last week....It was our 5 year Anniversary! I can't believe it's been five years since we were married, it's crazy how fast time flies! I think the fact that we have two kids has helped make the time go fast but I have been so happy these last 5 years and I know it can only get better the next 5 and better the next 5 after that and so on. A while back I was up at the school doing a dental study there and I was in the waiting room and a girl around my age (20 something) was talking about her family, her little boy and her hubby. She asked if I was married and for how long and she was amazed that I had "lasted" 4 years going on 5. She then began to tell me she had been married for a couple of years but had been with her now hubby for more than that (I can't remember but some thing like 7 years) any way she then said some thing I will never forget it made me sad for her she said some thing to the effect of "I'm getting bored with this marriage thing, I'm ready to move on to find some one different. We just don't hardly see each other any more and I'm getting bored of my hubby." How sad I felt for that girl! I thought she was joking at first but I'm pretty sure she wasn't. It is so sad how people these days go into marriages knowing it is not going to last and that it'll end in divorce. I thought for a minute she was going to ask me if I felt the same way as she did after 4 years + years of marriage and I was thinking of what I was going to say to her if she did, and this is what I was going to say to her if she did ask me.... "No way, I went in to this marriage knowing it was forever. I can't wait to learn and grow from the man I love and my best friend!" I do love C so much and we have so much fun together. I know that our marriage isn't perfect and some times we both get frustrated but that is what it's all about, working together as a team! I have learned so much from my hubby he is so smart, he truly is my best friend and I wouldn't trade that for any thing or any one. We have had a wonderful 5 years of marriage and two beautiful kids to show for it and I can't wait to see what our future holds.

Some more fun news.... We are leaving today to go up to Chicago to visit my newly married sister and her hubby. They are just actually north of Chicago but close enough to be a suburb of it, any way they are out there just for a summer job and then will be back in Idaho, so we wanted to make sure and visit them before they move back so far away. E is so excited to see her new "uncle" she already loves him, it's so cute. My sister lives right across the street from Six Flags, literally right across the street, so we are going to do the whole theme park thing and I can't wait! I haven't gone on any roller coaster or any rides since High School and I love them. The best part about this is that the kids will have lots of fun because there are a ton of kid friendly rides AND we have two other adults we get to trade with watching the kids so WE can have fun on the not-so-kid-friendly rides! I'm so excited! We have some other tentative plans like visit the beach and find some thing touristy to do but really I'm mostly excited about going to Six Flags! Well I gotta wrap up this post, lots to do today. I'll be busy for the next few days so I will most likely not post again for a while, oh well. We'll take lost of pictures and have some fun stories of our trip when we get back, until then.....

4 comments:

lynsey said...

happy anniversary, friends! i feel the same way you do about marriage, it just keeps getting better!

hey we are going to be in indiana in about a month & really want to see you guys. what are you doing around the 17-19th of july???

Kara said...

I echo you both. It definitely keeps getting better. I am learning to be more patient and accept Chris for exactly who he is instead of trying to change things about him. It's a good thing that this is forever, because I am a slow learner!

Unknown said...

Yeah I agree marriage just keeps getting better...all 6 days of it! You probably won't get this till you either check your blog at my place or when you get back. BUT I'm glad we are going to Six Flags! It will be just like old times riding Tremors at Silverwood, like 6 times in a row!

Clinton and Jessica said...

that sounds really really fun! hope you have a good trip...