Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Birthday Girl

(I forgot to post this yesterday)

I know I just did a post about our E girl but today is a very special day......
Not only is it the fun Holiday of St. Patrick's Day but it is also the day that our sweet girl was born SIX years ago!

I cannot believe she is that old already, I refuse to believe it.

She has grown up so fast, it makes me tear up a bit.

Today I tried hard to make her day a special one, even though she is still so sick.

I remember my Mom making our Birthdays special by letting us chose what our breakfast would be and then she'd make our favorite dinner too.

My most favorite part of my birthday when I was younger was my Mom's tradition of telling us about the day we were born. I decided to carry this tradition on with my family. I think I even did it last year with E girl. She, of course, LOVED to hear about her actual birthday, as long as it's about her she'll sit and listen.

I asked E what she wanted for breakfast and she said, knowing it was St. Patrick's Day, "Green pancakes, green eggs, strawberries, and cinnamon toast."

So that is what I made for her.
The green eggs about made me sick though. I'm pretty sure I gagged a couple of times while mixing the green food coloring in with the slimy eggs. It looked like snot, seriously it was gross. But the kids loved them and ate them all, YUM!

Since she was coughing so much I could not send her to school on her birthday. She was a little disappointed that she could not do her birthday treats with her class but she was okay with bringing treats in to class another day.

I could not just let her sit at home and do nothing on her birthday. So when Daddy got home from school in the afternoon, we headed out to take a look at the canal that runs through down town, they dye it green every year for St. Patrick's Day and the kids get a kick out it.
Then we came home and we all took naps! That was a birthday treat for me ;)

Her requested dinner was meatloaf with mashed potatoes, that girl loves meatloaf!
I think her favorite part of her birthday was getting a huge package from one of her Aunties with all sorts of Hello Kitty treats (she loves Hello Kitty). Her favorite treat was the card with money in it, Or as E says "I got DOLLARS for my birthday!"Guess who's the new favorite Auntie?! ha ha ha :)


To our Birthday Girl:
Happy Birthday Big Girl! We Love you SO much!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I am late in saying this, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY E! I can't believe she is growing up so fast. It reminds me Jenna's birthday is JUST around the corner...tearing up as I type. :)

I love your birthday traditions. SO fun!

Allie said...

I loved Mom telling us the story of when we were born too! I was just telling someone about that recently actually and saying how I want to do that with my kids. Except mom always told me that I was too stubborn to come out and that's why they had to cut her open. I really thought it was my fault for the longest time! Until I was older and Mom could explain the details of it to me. And my favorite dinner was always beef stroganoff. Yum! I should make that sometime. Ok I'm done.

Angela said...

I'm not the NEW favorite aunt, I have always been the favorite aunt ;) love that girl and I love that she loved her dollars!!