Our months of January and February looked like this...
That is what most of what we saw those two months and that was fine with me, that is what winter is all about.
But on days the lovely white stuff was not falling from the sky and it was still bitter cold, our days looked something like this....
Not so pretty.
No sun, just smoggy, cloudy, gloomy skies. This seriously was the most depressing January/February ever. I just wish we could have enjoyed more sun shine after a big snow storm but that didn't seem to happen all too often.
I think there was something like 14 days of constant cloud coverage, no sun. It was awful.
But come the end of February or the beginning of this Month the sun and clouds decided to do this....
clouds would part and the sun would shine. Oh, was it nice!
It may still have been pretty cold out and there was still some snow on the ground.
But, Oh the sun, it felt so good. It gave us opportunities to get out and do things like this...
clime out of our caves, brave the cold and go for walks just to soak up the sun. That was nice.But here is why I love March......
Spring shows its face, even if it is for a moment, it still gives us hope for brighter days.
We get days where we can do this.....
lounge in the sun, enjoying 60, 65 and even 72 degree weather while having a picnic.I know these days are still few through out this month. I know we will still have lots of rain but I love that there are signs of spring. It makes my kids happy which makes me happy.
Yay for AMAZING weather, please don't go away for too long.
4 comments:
Amen to that!!!
Yeah - sometimes those two little boys can get along. What a rare moment to document!
yay! We have had awesome weather too. MAKES LIFE SO MUCH HAPPIER!
You know what?!!! I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment