Monday, July 05, 2010

The 4th celebrations our ultimate slip 'n slide

You think slip 'n slides are for kids? Well I guess you're right but they are also for "big kids".

Each 4th of July we usually have a big neighborhood BBQ with our fellow "student" families. We decided to mix it up a bit this year. Some friends of ours who live just up the street have a nice hill that their back yard opens up to. It is such a nice hill that we decided it needed a nice BIG slip 'n slide to go down it. You may be thinking we wanted a slip 'n slide for the kids and we did, but that was just our excuse to make it, to be honest though,we wanted it just as bad as the kids did. Thanks to a few borrowed slip 'n slides, a plastic tarp, a hose, a little baby soap, and LOTS of yummy food, we turned that hill and our little get-together into the Ultimate Slip 'n Slide BBQ Party.


Just to give you an idea of how long it was.....
Okay so really most of the time the kids were the ones enjoying it but the Adults had to check it out too. I think I went down twice and C about the same and we are sad to say that yes, we are achy and soar from it. Actually I think I'm more soar from bending over to shove kids down it a hundred times.

J boy enjoying the ride (for probably the hundredth time)

I love E's face in this one, she loved it until that is she took a big spill and smashed her nose, then she would not go down any more. Lucky for her that was at the end of the evening.

OK, I just had to put this picture up here....
This little girl, or should I say baby, is the biggest dare-devil baby I've ever met.
This cutie little lady is just over a year old (14 months I think). She loved going down the slip 'n slide, and after each time she'd beg to go down again. AND she went down by herself, here you can see her dad shoving her down. She LOVED it every time! It was such a crack-up to watch a baby fly down a slip 'n slide laughing all the way!
GOOD TIMES!

It has been a tradition every year since we've been here to watch our cities fire works down town from the top of the Dental school parking lot, and that is just what we did this year too. Many of the student families meet up top and enjoy the show, well, OK so much of the time we are socializing, but it is still fun. This year my kids hardly watched the fireworks, they just played with friends and mostly our friends dog Hansy, they love that dog!

Socializing before the show
C tried to get some good pictures, no such luck this year. But here is our view from the top.

Happy 4th every one! God Bless America!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm soooooo jealous right now!!! Slip n' slides are the BEST! What a great idea. Glad you guys had fun, too. Oh, and that is pretty funny that you're sore. How are we going to run that marathon if slip n' slides make you sore?! Ha ha.

Rachel Holloway said...

That slip and slide TOTALLY rocks! I am so impressed!!!! :)