There is a lot to update with this girl, so bare with me.....
Parent teacher conference went great. She is doing very well in school. She's got her daddy's brains, that is for sure. She is "exceeding expectations" in all areas. I'm so proud of her, and even if she wasn't "exceeding expectations" I'd still be proud because she is such a good student.
She LOVES reading, and writing time. Her favorite "fun" subject is Art (like her daddy) and she is such a smarty pants in Math (again like her daddy).
here is one of my favorite "journal" stories she wrote at school:
(click on the picture to make it bigger, to read it.)

Translation: A long time ago I went to my Grandma's and Grandpa's house. It snowed, it was 5 feet long (or tall I think she meant). I went outside in the snow. My Grandpa hammered off the snow. It was fun. I went with my Family.
I love the picture of my Dad "hammering off" the snow. He really did have to shovel it off the roof. And it really did snow 5 feet that Christmas we visited. I think she remembered it because it was SO fun to play in that much snow.
**************************
I asked E what her favorite thing to do at recess is and her reply "I like to chase 5 boys!"
I ask "At the same time?!" "YEP!"
Okay, then.
That was SO not me at that age, I was the one
getting chased :)
Later she said to me "Mom, I have a secret..." I asked "what is it?" she replied with a giggle and a grin "I really just like to chase the cute boys at recess and Landon is my favorite."
Wow, are we in trouble or what?!

She is such a good friend I am proud of her in that she befriends every one in her class, even the little girl who is quite the handful and is always in trouble (which some times gets E in trouble because of her).
She said to me one day at the beginning of the year "Mommy, there is a new girl in our class. She came from another school. I think I'm going to tell her she can be my friend."
That melted my heart! She has such a sweet personality and a good heart.

*******************
I get to go in every week and help out in her 1st grade class. I'm lucky enough to be able to do it while J boy is in preschool and I have a wonderful friend to trade babysitting with me for Lou lou so I can do this every week. It has been SO fun! I've helped them in group settings, learning how to play games: to play fair, to lead, to follow and all that a game takes with out the help of an adult and with out fighting, arguing, pouting etc. That sounds simple but with 4-6 six year olds it can be tough. It's something they are still working on. I also got to help them do small skits during poetry time. They picked out a poem they had learned and had to all come up with a way to "act" it out, and then they got to preform them in front of the class. They LOVED it and I have to admit so did I.
**********************
E also learned to ride her bike with out her training wheels. She learned to ride her bike just a week before J boy decided he wanted to so he could be like his sissy. We tried to get her to try it this last spring as the weather turned nice but she was stubborn and held her ground. I knew there was no sense in forcing her and I knew it would have to be on her own terms,
she'd have to decide
she wanted to do it. So one day she borrowed her friends bike, got up on it by herself and started teaching her self how to do it. I knew there was no way I could help, not even encourage because as soon as I do, she shuts down and gives up. So I ignored her, and off she went. It took about two days for her to be good at it on her own bike. I knew she could do it, but apparently I could
not help her learn, she wanted to do that her self, what a funny girl.


**********************
This girl and her baby sister are going to be best friends. Little Lou lou puts up with E doing the strangest things to her, dressing her up, poking her, wiggling her, jiggling her.......you name it she's had it done to her by her sister, all out of love of course. I even caught her doing the superman with Lou lou. You know... you lay on your back and put your feet up and you hold the persons hands and put your feet on their tummy and lift them up like superman? Yea she was doing
that to her five month old baby sister, not a good thing to do to a wiggly baby.
The day they played "babies" and they all got bows on their heads. Silly kids.

*******************
Some days I miss my E girl during the day, while she's at school. But most days I'm glad she's at school.....for many reasons. I just love having conversations with her, it is so fun these days. She's so....so grown up sounding, less of the little kid she once was. I mean she still is a kid, she just sounds so much more mature. I love it even though it does brings tears to my eyes.
*******************
Right now E and I are reading The Chronicles of Narnia together. Mostly I read at night to her but she'll help me out every once in a while. She LOVES the story, which I don't blame her. There are seven books and she wants to read them all, we've finished the first two so far. I have to admit it's one of my favorite times of my evenings, when we sit down and read together.
4 comments:
Daddy's brains and Mommy's looks!! This girl is going to go far with that combo! :) Lucky girl to have such great parents that give her more than just her genes. Love you lots, Eden!!
We will soooooooo miss you for Christmas this year :(
Love, Grandma
actually, I did "hammer"" chunks of snow that were hanging from the roof. So, Eden was right on. It's not too late for us to get tickets for Christmas. If you change your mind, just let us know. I know C has lots to do catching up, but we can make it for a shorter duration. Love Grandpa
She looks so grown up! What a cutie! That's fun that you're reading the Narnia books with her. M and I have been reading the Little House on the Prairie books. It's really enjoyable to spend that kind of time together, isn't it?
Oh my goodness, I love her journal entry. So cute. Such a good little writer.
Post a Comment