Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Mom Bus
Yesterday for about a span of 4hrs I had FIVE KIDS I was to look after, you heard me right FIVE! It was great, a little crazy but kind of funny. It was my turn to drive for preschool so I had E, J, and MJ as usual (who I always take to preschool one day a week) then I offered to take another little girl in their class who's mom was out of town. I volunteered before I remembered I'd have the little baby girl I babysit that day oops! You should have seen my van, it was packed with car seats filled with kids, it was a sight to see. I pulled up to the preschool drop off line (thank heaven for the car drop off line or I would have had to haul all five out of the car, yikes) and waited for the teacher to come out and take them to class, when she came she opened my van door and said "wow, this is like the mom school bus how many do you have in here?" we both laughed about it because that is what I felt like, a bus driver. Well to pick the kids up from preschool you have to go inside to get them so I unpacked J and the baby girl and got all three girls from class. I wanted to take a rest before packing all five back into their five car seats so I took them to the indoor play area and let them play for about 30mins. After we were done I started putting shoes, coats, etc. on five kids it was kind of hard I have to admit. One lady made a comment about it's hard to get kids out the door and I said "yeah it's really hard especially with five kids." she looked like she was about to faint as she said "five!?". So I started out the door and you should have seen the looks on peoples faces as they stared at me with five kids. We headed out to the car and I was calling out to the the 3 older ones telling them to hold hands and wait for me and I literally saw and heard people laugh at me. One guy made a comment some thing about herding cattle or some thing it was funny. As hard as it was, it was kind of a fun day. I think some times you can make a tough situation fun if you just laugh at yourself, that is what I learned yesterday so I thought I'd share. Now off to pack my bags.

4 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

5 kids under the age of 3! That's quite the busy day. I can't imagine how tired you would be if that was your life every single day. Hope you have a WONDERFUL time in Vegas. I'm so jealous!!!!

khepworth said...

Been there, done that! It's a bear. And you're right the looks and comments you get from people-it's hysterical!

Katie L said...

I can only imagine what you must have looked like with all those kids-hahahaha!!!

Denisse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.