Monday, January 07, 2008


Spring Break Surprise
So some of you may be able to relate to this and if not than lucky you, but my husband is very hard to buy gifts for. He knows it and has agreed with me that he's a hard one to buy for mostly because every thing he wants it way out of our price range. So for Christmas I came up with the perfect gift for him and I didn't even have to buy it, well not yet any way. I'm pretty sure it was his favorite gift this year and probably the best one I've come up with since we've been married, sad I know. So this year I gave my husband a trip to Moab Utah for his spring break in March. My sister helped me "make" the gift and "wrap it" in a creative way and it actually turned out really cool and not too cheesy, thanks Sista for helping make and wrap the perfect gift. Now for those of you who don't know Moab is a world famous place for mountain biking trails, beautiful scenic hikes, pretty much any outdoor activity you could imagine doing you can do in and around Moab and enjoy some beautiful scenery at the same time. He and his biking bud Josh have been trying to convince us (their wives) of letting them go on a trip to Moab for some time now, which we have told them "yeah, some day" for quite a while now, I guess we just couldn't see it happening. So Sarah and I decided it would be fun to let them do this and call it one of their Christmas presents. We looked in to flights and found we couldn't afford it and that they would have to resort to driving, which I think they are fine with. They are both so excited to go and it was a good feeling to "get" something for my husband for Christmas that he was this excited about. I love fun creative gifts when they turn out just right.

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

What a great, and thoughtful gift idea! I bet he will have so much fun, and have many many memories!!

khepworth said...

What an awesome gift! Moab is one of Kurt's favorite places.