Three, count them, THREE Christmas'!
Because we were going to fly out to our families for our Christmas break we decided to do our own little Harker Family Christmas the Saturday before we left so we didn't have to pack up our presents from us to the kids only to have to bring them back again. So we had "Our Christmas" then "The Harker Christmas" then on Christmas day "My Familie's Christmas". By the third Christmas I think my kids were happy and had their fill of opening presents.Our Christmas
We didn't do a tree in our apartment for a couple of reasons: one, because we were leaving for most of December, and two, I have no idea where we would have put it. So we draped some lights around their presents to make it more fun for them. They liked playing with the lights more than their new presents.
Harker Christmas

Finally some "boy toys" for J to play with!
C's Brother riding his "new" fixed up bike. That was C's gift to his little bro, giving him new parts for and fixin' up his bike so he can start riding again. He was pretty excited about that since his bike has been "un-ridable" since 1999.
Last but not least My Familie's Christmas
I'm sure they were thinking "More presents!"
They had more fun playing with the paper than their presents, isn't that how it always works? The boxes or paper is always more exciting than what they actually got, why do we even bother with the toys?!

The kids did enjoy playing with their new toys and showed my mom and C's mom just what a mess two kids can make in a short time. We got so many gifts from both families we ended up mailing a very large package of mostly their toys to ourselves here because we had very little extra room in our bags to fit it all. So once again they get to open another package of toys when it finally gets here, it'll be like Christmas all over again!
We had so much fun in both homes and we did lots of fun things with and with out our kids. I guess my next post will be highlights of our trip. But now I must go clean my house, yipee!
Finally some "boy toys" for J to play with!
We had so much fun in both homes and we did lots of fun things with and with out our kids. I guess my next post will be highlights of our trip. But now I must go clean my house, yipee!
4 comments:
Wow! Looks like your kids were as spoiled as ours! I actually put a few presents away in storage completely unopened because they were on new-toy-overload on Christmas. I'm sad that the holiday season is over, but it's nice to get back to a schedule and a clean house.
What a disappointment it will be for them next year if they only get the "normal" one Christmas!!!! How on earth did you handle them getting spoiled 3 times in one month?!!!! My kids would have turned into monsters if they even got to have 2 Christmas'! Look at me-jealous of little kids-hahahaha!!!!
Post a Comment