One morning we had about five squirrels coming in to our back yard and fighting over the nuts we were feeding them. Well I told E we needed to name them, so together E and I named 4 of them...
1.Big Daddy-he is the biggest and gets first dibs on any thing we put out there, if some one else comes in he'll chase them off or if he wants what the others have he'll come in and take over.
2. Momma-she's the next biggest of course (that's how it works in E's mind, daddy's are the biggest then mommy's etc.) she also has some battle wounds on her neck and head area so she's the easiest to identify.I've also come to find that "momma" is not a girl I tried to tell E but she was kind of upset so we still call her/him momma.
3. Little Squirt- she's obviously the smallest one and has to sneak in to get any of the food, but she's pretty brave for how much smaller she is than the others. ( I think E thinks that squirrel represents her)
4. Big Brother- we've only seen him a couple of times but E still wanted to name him. I don't know why she went with big brother since E has a "little" brother, I guess it is because he is just a little bit bigger than little squirt.
So every morning some time before noon at least one of them comes by and will even scratch on the glass of our door to get our attention so that we'll feed him/her and then we try and identify which one it is. To be honest with you I think there are more than 5 but I just usually tell E it's one of the one's we named, it's more fun that way. It's really fun for the kids, J usually screams with joy when he sees one come close to the window and E will some times make them talk which is really funny and it's fun for me too because it's like my little bonding moment in the morning with the kids.
1 comments:
That is adorable!!! I love squirls!!!
Post a Comment