We had lots of fun. We did a LOT of walking which is a good thing I guess. We didn't want to drive a whole lot while we stayed on the strip and plus we could use a little exercise. Most of things we did were pretty close to our hotel but the second day we walked so many miles, I'm not sure how many miles but the next day it felt like we walked 100 miles. We survived though and we had fun. I spent money on the kids which is kind of fun when you can shop for the kids with out the kids!
I have decided though that I wouldn't ever want to take my family to Vegas (on the strip that is) for a family vacation, it is not a family friendly place that is for sure. We even watched the Pirates show outside the Treasure Island Hotel thinking it would be some what clean, not so much but it was entertaining only because we laughed at how bad it was, it wasn't too raunchy but bad music etc. Walking at night wasn't the greatest, I mean we never felt in danger of any kind but it was kind of a dark feeling, nonetheless we did have fun.
Here is a fun story that my good friend and I got a kick out of and it pretty much made my weekend, okay so not really but it was pretty funny.... What happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas...
The second night we decided to eat at the buffet in our hotel because food was getting expensive and it was cheaper there. Then our plans for later that night were to stay in the hotel, instead of walk the strip, and watch a chick flick paint our toenails, eat snacks and basically rest our feet. So we were at the buffet sitting in a booth in front of a couple of men we hardly noticed until one guy came up to us, as we were off to get more food to stuff our faces more, and in our faces said, and I quote "You ladies be naughty tonight okay!" we laughed and said some thing sarcastic, to the effect of "Oh yeah of course...etc." laughing about it because we were two moms just on a get-away from out kids that planned to stay in and paint our toenails. It was pretty funny because just before that we were talking labor stories and we must have sounded loud to him or some thing. So we joked the rest of our weekend how we were so "naughty".
On Saturday we headed off to a resort in Mesquite and then went to a Pow wow that was going on there, which was really fun and I got a really cute necklace and ear rings there. My sister's roommate is from there and they both ended up going there for the weekend so I got to see her and spend some time with her, which was a fun plus to my weekend. They came to the Pow Wow with us and then a movie.
All in all it was a good weekend it couldn't have turned out better. Thanks to my hubby for letting me do this, to those who watched my kids while C was at school, and My good friend for coming up with the idea and helping make it happen. I think I'll try and make some thing like this happen again in a few years or when ever we can afford it next. Here are some fun pictures...
8 comments:
So glad you had a great time! I loved hearing the story about you guys being naughty! Very funny.
Sounds like a much deserved, and well needed great vacation! I'm glad you had so much fun!!! And Kristen, Keep on being your naughty self-hahaha!
It looks like you guys had so much fun! Way to go for taking some "me" time.
Ooooo..that looks like so much fun. My sisters and my mom and I are going to Vegas next month. I can't wait. Where did you guys stay?
lucky girl! welcome back to reality... glad you had a great time. you look fantastic!
Post a Comment