Feeling Better

The last five days have been, well, miserable for our family. The kids got sick Friday I soon followed that evening and My Poor Hubby came home Saturday to the saddest "welcome home daddy" ever! I felt bad about it but we didn't really give him hugs and kisses because we were afraid to make him sick too. We missed two birthdays because of this virus, Mine was on Friday and E's was Monday. So to say the least, we are glad to say good bye to this virus and that our home is getting back to normal.
Yesterday seemed to be particularly bad, not that I was more sick I think it was just that I was still getting over being sick and was starting to get really frustrated that I couldn't do anything, that my life had to be put on hold for FIVE DAYS so that I could rest so that I could eventually start to feel better. Well that frustration showed it's ugly face, I believe, and my hubby went to school just half-day and came home with flowers for me. I think he did it to say "I'm sorry you've been so sick" and "I'm sorry we haven't done anything for your birthday" and "Happy Birthday" but I think his real reason was that he loves me and knew it would make me happy to see some thing bright and beautiful besides my sick kids faces. It was such a nice gesture of him to do that and I was glad to see something bright and happy. Thank you Hunny for the beautiful flowers to brighten my day yesterday, I Love you.
Here is how I knew today would be better, I woke up at 9am and the kids were still asleep! My body didn't hurt not even my head, when I woke up. I felt so good I took a shower and get this, I put on real clothes (meaning no sweats or pj's) AND a bra and deodorant which I am embarrassed to say I haven't done in the last few days. I okay let me correct my self I did shower while I was sick because that always makes me feel better I would just slip back into comfy pj's and forget the bra because who cares! Any way I'm still coughing but I feel like my energy level is up and that I can hopefully accomplish some things today.
I took the kids to the Doctor this morning and everything seems okay. E is still coughing like there is no tomorrow and has a small ear infection in her right ear and the good news is.....J's ears look PERFECT! That was especially good news since he had a double ear infection just before he caught this flu. So we are all on the down hill now and it looks like we will be able to have birthday party for E this Saturday after all, she will be so happy to host her Tea Party.
Messy house here we come.....
The last five days have been, well, miserable for our family. The kids got sick Friday I soon followed that evening and My Poor Hubby came home Saturday to the saddest "welcome home daddy" ever! I felt bad about it but we didn't really give him hugs and kisses because we were afraid to make him sick too. We missed two birthdays because of this virus, Mine was on Friday and E's was Monday. So to say the least, we are glad to say good bye to this virus and that our home is getting back to normal.
Yesterday seemed to be particularly bad, not that I was more sick I think it was just that I was still getting over being sick and was starting to get really frustrated that I couldn't do anything, that my life had to be put on hold for FIVE DAYS so that I could rest so that I could eventually start to feel better. Well that frustration showed it's ugly face, I believe, and my hubby went to school just half-day and came home with flowers for me. I think he did it to say "I'm sorry you've been so sick" and "I'm sorry we haven't done anything for your birthday" and "Happy Birthday" but I think his real reason was that he loves me and knew it would make me happy to see some thing bright and beautiful besides my sick kids faces. It was such a nice gesture of him to do that and I was glad to see something bright and happy. Thank you Hunny for the beautiful flowers to brighten my day yesterday, I Love you.
Here is how I knew today would be better, I woke up at 9am and the kids were still asleep! My body didn't hurt not even my head, when I woke up. I felt so good I took a shower and get this, I put on real clothes (meaning no sweats or pj's) AND a bra and deodorant which I am embarrassed to say I haven't done in the last few days. I okay let me correct my self I did shower while I was sick because that always makes me feel better I would just slip back into comfy pj's and forget the bra because who cares! Any way I'm still coughing but I feel like my energy level is up and that I can hopefully accomplish some things today.
I took the kids to the Doctor this morning and everything seems okay. E is still coughing like there is no tomorrow and has a small ear infection in her right ear and the good news is.....J's ears look PERFECT! That was especially good news since he had a double ear infection just before he caught this flu. So we are all on the down hill now and it looks like we will be able to have birthday party for E this Saturday after all, she will be so happy to host her Tea Party.
Messy house here we come.....
5 comments:
Oh, I am so glad you are feeling better. It stinks to feel yucky!!
I'm glad your family is feeling better. I just talked to sarah last night and she said you were pretty sick. What beautiful flowers and how sweet of your hubby. Happy Late Birthday!
What an awful time for you guys! I hate, loathe, and despise when we have sick weeks. Most of last summer and fall was that way. I'm glad Cory brought you flowers!!! That could chheer anybody up! Glad you guys are feeling much better now, and hopefully it won't hit your home for a very long time! Poor Family! You'll have to go all out and have a double birthday celebration!!!!
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. It's not fun feeling so sick and having to take care of the kids...
happy late birthday!!! i'm sorry you were so sick. :( lovely flowers though.
Post a Comment