Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sunny day, and the story of the "little yellow pellets"!
On with some real posts now....
Yesterday was beautiful outside and we enjoyed every bit of the sunshiny day. I think the high was around 60 degrees which was nice but the nicest part was the sunshine and very little wind. We spent much of the afternoon outside with our friends from down the street we (us moms) had fun watching them play and chatting, and also did a lot of chasing after runaway children and some yelling out of "don't go too far" and "okay turn around now" and "please don't go in the street" etc. but we still had so much fun. At one point I even got HOT sitting in the sun in a T-shirt and no shoes, it was crazy but it felt so good! AND today I woke up with a sunburn on my arms and face I couldn't believe it, I guess I haven't seen sun in a while :)
After our afternoon of soaking up the sun I decided I needed to go out and get my kids some shoes, sandals and summer type shoes that is. I didn't have any sandals to put on either of my kids so I let J run around barefoot and E just wore her slip on shoes with no socks. So off to Target we went.
Here is the fun adventure I went through yesterday while shopping for shoes I'm sure you'll enjoy this one....
Earlier in the day a friend came over to borrow something and while I was chatting with her in my living room my son was up stairs being VERY quiet. So I finally checked on him. Apparently he found a bottle of little yellow pellets for C's pellet gun. They were all over my bedroom floor and he had a couple in his mouth which I made him spit them out instantly. I was sure he had probably swallowed a few but who cares there just tiny plastic balls. If you haven't seen these pellets they are so small that he couldn't choke on them but still I didn't want him to get in the habit of putting things in his mouth that didn't belong there. Any way so back to my shopping escapade....
I get to Target, find two pair of shoes for E and I only find one pair of summer shoes for J and that is okay there is still time to find him some more summer shoes. After I found the shoes I was glancing at their sale rack and the summer clothes when all of a sudden J says "ow, owch, owch" in a little sad voice. He then stands up in the cart and I can't get him to sit down. He keeps pointing to his tummy saying "ow, owch" so I said "are you hungry?" and he then makes his sign that he wants to eat. I look at the clock and it is past 5pm so I say "we'll go get some food" and I go to check out. I then smell the most awful smell and soon find it is my son, he had filled his diaper. I look in my diaper bag to find I had forgotten to put the wipes back in the bag after refiling them, darn it! So I go and buy some wipes and head to the check out. As the lady is ringing up my stuff the smell is getting worse and J still refuses to sit down. I then notice his pants down both legs are soaked with what a I call "poop juice". Then I lift up his sweatshirt he had on and it is soaked up the back and his white onesie is soaked even worse. I had no clothes for him in the bag of course, so I tell the lady to hold my order and I ran back and bought him an outfit off the sale rack, a t-shirt a zip up hoodie and some khaki pants. Then head back to pay for it all. The lady felt so bad for me and trying to say comforting words but of course it doesn't help, I just keep saying "He hasn't had a blow out like this since he was just a little baby, that's why I am not prepared." I never carry extra clothes for him in my bag any more. Any way I pay for the stuff and head straight for the restroom. I strip him down and put his gross clothes in one of the target bags and tie it up then I open the diaper and guess what I find? Yep, tons of little yellow pellets! I counted to about sixteen and then stopped I'm sure there were several more in there I couldn't see, but I figured about 20 or so. After about 25 minutes of wiping J down and putting on new clothes I put the nasty diaper and all the million wipes I used in a different bag along with his onesie and chucked it in the garbage. While in the handicape stall where the change table is, I was telling E to just hang tight I'll be done in a sec and she was being pretty good. She then says as I open the diaper "Oh J, that is disgusting!" in such a grown up voice and I hear the lady in the stall next to us laugh out loud. It was funny and not at the same time, he stunk up that whole restroom I felt bad for all who came in there.
You might be thinking this is the end of my story but oh no, no, no it is not. So I take the kids to Mc-y-D's for some good healthy dinner and they eat really good so I was happy. Then I head to the grocery store. I get there and I smell that smell still. I check J's pants and he had pooped again. So I head to the restroom once again. Lucky for me it just barely stayed in his diaper and didn't get on his new outfit. I open his diaper and guess what I find....Yep, more little yellow pellets. This time I counted 12 but there could have been more. So apparently my son swallowed a HANDFUL of these things! So I finish up shopping and head home and when I get him out of the car I smell it again! I change him one more time and find about 8-10 more little yellow pellets! at this point I'm laughing and thinking "no wonder his tummy hurt, poor kid". He must have swallowed a total of 40 little yellow pellets, crazy kid! The rest of the night he had the worst smelling gas but no more little yellow pellets. I don't think his stomach could have held any more of them any way.
There you have it, my fun adventure yesterday and the story of the little yellow pellets.

I forgot to get the camera out during our fun sunny day but here we are sporting our new shoes, I even found a pair of fun summer flip flops for me.
Here are the famous little yellow pellets, I just snapped a pic real quick so you could see how small they are, imagine 40 of these in J's stomach .


5 comments:

adrienne said...

So funny!!!! Poor guy! It's good to know that his digestive system works well! Enjoy your nice weather- it's snowing here today!

Clinton and Jessica said...

how fun would that be to go summer shoe shopping! we woke up to inches and inches of snow!!!

Unknown said...

This story is disgusting and hilarious at the same time. I can't wait to have kids!

khepworth said...

Poor little guy! No, poor you!

Toby and Tammy said...

So funny! I'm sorry about the little pellets and J's tummy hurting but it was a good laugh.

So jealous of the sun! We were in Utah and it snowed all weekend. Not fair! I am ready for SUMMER!