Monday, June 21, 2010

Favorite memories.....

A tribute to my Dad.
I have so many fun memories of my childhood with my Dad, here are a few:

~camping in our favorite camping spot with the creek and the swing.
~Being tossed HIGH in the air, launched across the swimming pools every summer.
~slurpees, especially ones being tossed on a Police officers shoe, HA!
~sitting on his lap helping him drive through our neighborhood.
~Dad playing keep away from all 4-5 of us girls. He'd have something in his hand we wanted and he'd see if all of us could get to it, switching it from hand to hand holding high above his head. It was always kids against Dad. I remember him keeping "it" away from us for so long, the whole time LAUGHING, cracking up. I remember it getting frustrating for us, but we thought it was so fun. He always eventually let us win.
~Daddy knew EVERYTHING! He still does ;)
~snuggling with Dad, it was always fun.
~ I remember fake sleeping in the living room so Daddy would carry me to bed. I think he knew every time I was faking it, but he'd carry me anyway.
~Fathers' blessings, for school or for whatever
~His strong testimony of the Church and of Christ.
~Sunflower seeds.
~Watermelons and spitting seeds
~when Mom said no, we'd ask Dad, usually it worked. I'm sure it drove Mom crazy.
~Tickling, lots of tickling.

~Teen age years were hard, he loved us so much he'd do anything to protect us and that, as a teenager.....sucks! Now, I love it.

~Memories I will forever hold dear to my heart.....Watching him love my children, his grandchildren.

I love you Daddy! Happy Fathers Day (One day later :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

K, Thank you Sweetie. Your mother and I have been so blessed with wonderful, loving, beautiful, trusting, smart, talented children who love each other, their parents and many friends. We thank Heavenly Father for entrusting them to our care and hope to return them to Him as he wanted. Dad