Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another year older and wiser too

So it's official.....I'm 30, which makes me old or maybe just wise. Honestly I don't feel any different than 29. I do feel a difference from 20 and 30 and the only way I can describe it is T-I-R-E-D, tired! I'm much more tired. I must have less energy or something, it's probably because I have kids who suck the energy out of me or it's because I don't work out enough....or both.

Well my birthday came and went and I almost forgot about it, yep. And now it's on to my sweet E girl's birthday this week. I kind of like that we have close birthdays, it's fun!

It's true, I almost forgot it was my birthday and I'm pretty sure my husband did, but to give him credit we did all my "Birthday Celebrations" over the weekend.

The only reason I remembered was because I got a phone call from my brother, and though he does love me we just don't call each other that much. So when I saw it was him calling I thought "why would he be......oh yeah it's my birthday." ha ha, sad but true, I forgot it was my birthday.

Yesterday was.....eh. I was tired and a bit cranky which is how my Mondays some times go. This is why I wanted my birthday celebrations to be over the weekend, Monday's are rarely good days and I decided Monday birthdays kind of suck!

But I had a great weekend! Friday I chose to do the cake and family celebration knowing Monday would be crazy with FHE and just regular Monday chaos and then Saturday was date night. So the kids had fun Friday night with balloons, and singing, and strawberries on Angel food cake with lots of whipped cream on top, YUM! Then Saturday night we got ourselves a babysitter and C and I headed out on the town, kind of. We went out to a nice restaurant where I ate some Yummy Salmon (I know you're jealous Mom) and enjoyed being with just each other. That is pretty much all we did, that and wandered Barnes and Noble for a while after, which was actually kind of fun. It was a good weekend for sure!

Happy Birthday to ME!

Here's hoping for another great decade.

Now, I'm off to buy myself some birthday presents :) yippee!

3 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Happy Birthday! Buy yourself something useless, but awesome!!! Those are the best presents to buy yourself☺

Rachel Holloway said...

yes, happy birthday to YOU! Hope you got some fun goodies for yourself!

Unknown said...

Sorry for not calling on your bday! I was so busy enjoying the AZ sunshine I forgot :) I hope your next decade is just as great as the last, too!