Cranky kids
For the last week or so J has been so cranky and winy and well annoying! Which makes for a cranky Mommy and an annoyed three year old who decides to act out all the time. Our house has not been a pleasant place the last week or so and lucky C has not been around to witness most of it (he has a test Friday so he's been busy studying, nice excuse;) Then I checked J's mouth yesterday and yep, there it was his first molar! No wonder he was so cranky, then I felt bad because I just thought he was being a "boogger" (we'll use that word to be a little bit nicer, is that how you spell that?) Any way, I was not being so nice to him, telling him "get over it" and then I felt awful because he had a good excuse. So now my boy is on Tylenol because he's still cranky I think because all of his molars are trying to come in at the same time, which is so fun for all of us. My question to you is this...How do you make them come in faster, does it help if they chew on things or does that not really make a difference in the rate they come in? Also should I just keep on giving him tylenol when he gets really cranky or can I over due it? I mean I'm not giving it to him even every four hours like it says on the box you can do but like when he starts to act like he doesn't know what to do with him self then I give it to him, is that bad to do for several days in a row? I hope that makes sense.
You may be wondering why I don't already know this stuff since I have had a child before this one. Well E didn't even get her first tooth until she was 17 1/2 months old and then when her molars were in she was like two so she was old enough to handle it and it didn't bother her at all really, at least not like this. So I just don't know what to do for the poor little guy?! Any tips?
Along the lines of children tips... Does any one know what to do when you're child makes a "racist" remark? Well lets just say it was the most embarrassing thing she has ever said in public. We tried to address it at Family Hone Evening but I don't know that she really understands how hurtful those things can be and that we don't ever talk like that, at least not in my family. I have no idea where she learned it from. Any way I'm just at a loss for what to do with my kids this last week it's been a rough one! Okay enough of my venting on the world wide web. I love my children I really do :)
You may be wondering why I don't already know this stuff since I have had a child before this one. Well E didn't even get her first tooth until she was 17 1/2 months old and then when her molars were in she was like two so she was old enough to handle it and it didn't bother her at all really, at least not like this. So I just don't know what to do for the poor little guy?! Any tips?
Along the lines of children tips... Does any one know what to do when you're child makes a "racist" remark? Well lets just say it was the most embarrassing thing she has ever said in public. We tried to address it at Family Hone Evening but I don't know that she really understands how hurtful those things can be and that we don't ever talk like that, at least not in my family. I have no idea where she learned it from. Any way I'm just at a loss for what to do with my kids this last week it's been a rough one! Okay enough of my venting on the world wide web. I love my children I really do :)
2 comments:
Baby Orajel works wonders. It's tricky to get it on without your kid totally going crazy. But it is worth the fight!
yes, orajel works great, although neither of my kids like the taste, so hold em down good! I've consistently heard that if you give them harder things to chew on, like the really hard bread type crackers they have for kids, that helps break the gums so they poke through faster...which is where it hurts. And every nurse I've had says its ok to give tylenol for a few days in a row, although a lot suggest switching between tylenol and motrin since they are processed through different organs in the body and it won't take such a toll on a single one. and eden is a doll by the way, such a cute song!
Post a Comment