Friday, February 15, 2008

No more Boob-tube kids!
So guess how many cartoons my children have watched in the last three days(going on #4).....ZERO! Aren't you so proud of me?! Well it is not easy to keep my kids from turning on the TV and sitting in front of it for several cartoons at a time. It is also not easy for me to not give in and turn it on for them so I can get stuff done or keep them out of my way, but I have done it and it feels good! I did let E watch a movie each day while J was asleep so she wasn't terribly bored while I cleaned up but that doesn't count as TV does it? Well any way, I'm proud of my self for not giving in to the boob-tube, yay for me!
I think it is time I really started limiting their time in front of the TV it's hard for me, I don't know why but it is. Am I the only horrible mother that lets her kids get away with so much TV in one day or is this a normal thing. You see some times it is not worth the fight for me to turn it off but at the same time I know I should do it. So I did one day and I only had to tell them one or two times to turn it off before they got the hint and didn't fight with me about it. And now after a few days of doing it they don't even turn it on in the morning and hardly ask for it. It is so GREAT! I love it! And now they actually play together, not always nicely but at least it's an improvement. BOO on TV!

5 comments:

adrienne said...

Good for you! I want to do that, but I think I'll wait until after I'm done potty training. We haven't left the house much, because of that, but we're almost there. TV is hard. It's just too easy to let them veg. Way to go! I understand how it's so much harder to do than it seems.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Denisse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hamblin Family said...

Thanks for the post. I have been thinking about that a lot lately. I have gotten to the point where I almost hate TV. It might be a problem when the first thing your son says to you in the morning isn't, "I love you", or "What's for breakfast"; it's "watch TV mom?" I've created a monster! TV is definately going down!!

Katie L said...

Congrats!!! We hardly watch TV when the weather permits us to be oustide, but in the winter I just don't care. That sounds so bad, but I just get tired of entertaining them everyday in the winter and give up.