What's on my mind....
5 things I've been thinking about recently
5 things I've been thinking about recently
1. I hope my hubby gets better soon. Every time he is sick I worry a lot about him and he seems to be sick for long periods of time and that makes me worry more and worrying is stressful. I hope the kids stay healthy for the rest of the winter because I get really worried when they are sick because they can't do any thing to help themselves and it breaks my heart to see them that way. And I hope winter ends sooner rather than later, I'm not a fan of cold winters with no fun snow to play in if it's going to be cold can't it just snow and give us a reason to go outside?!
2. I can't wait until my mom comes in two weeks! The kids, okay so E, has been asking when she will be coming every day almost. We are going to have so much fun with Grandma here. I am so happy she is coming when C will be on his biking trip, that would have been a long 10 days with just me and the kids. On the same note, I've realized that I've become such good friends with my mom over the last several years. She's like my best friend now(besides my hubby of course). I think about how I turn to my mom for every thing when it comes to motherhood because I know she has been there before but it's funny because why then, when I was a teenager did I not turn to her more often for teenager advice because she went through that before too? I guess I just didn't think about it in that way before and I was probably self-absorbed back then and with maturity I have grown to lean on her more than I ever have and it's a good thing, why didn't I see it before?!
3. I hope one of my sisters gets married this year for a couple of reasons: one, I just want another excuse to go home and a wedding would be a fun thing to add to a trip home. Two, I have yet to attend another Temple Sealing(sp?) since my own and I would really like to and if it were one of my sisters that would be even better. And the last reason I think one of my sisters should get married is because they are all so awesome and beautiful and smart who wouldn't want to marry such amazing women (except my youngets is, you're beautiful and smart etc. just too young to get married:).
4. I have so many projects around the house that I want to do to make my house better but I just don't know where to start. I get overwhelmed with stuff like that, I'm just not good at things like that. I need a motivator most of the time to get me started then I can go from there. I'm hoping when my mom comes we'll get to do some of the fun projects together and that'll get me going ( I know you want to mom!). I think when I have a house of my own I am going to have to hire some one to help do the interior design, I think I will be way too overwhelmed when that time comes.
5. I really want to start exercising again and get into shape, like really good shape. I loved being an athlete and would love to be that way again. And if I don't ever get down to as small as I was before kids that is fine with me I'm not in it for the looks I just want to have that athletic ability again. I don't want to be sore after cleaning house (I know, it's pathetic don't laugh), or playing with my kids, throwing them in the air etc. I think the reason I feel so out of shape now is that I was once in REALLY good shape(gymnastics will do that to you). I used to be so active and fit and now that it's hard for me to even get out of the house I feel so lazy and that I just sit around way too much. When I was at home I went to my youngest sisters gymnastics meet and it was fun to relive memories I have of doing that and I miss it. I even did my old beam mount I did in high school and it looked okay I think (all of my sister's fellow team mates where impressed which made me feel good) but my point is that I was so sore after and I only did it a few times, it was sad! And the other reason I want to get back in to shape is that some day in the future not too far off, C will be done with schooling and have his career up and going and at that point we will have time to take family vacations, and when that day comes I want to be physically fit because the hobbies we enjoy doing together and as a family would most likely require me to be in good shape and I don't want to be the one holding us back from doing what we love(d) to do.
Well there you have it 5 things that I have been on my mind lately. I hope I didn't bore you too much but I just wanted to write these things down and since I type so much faster than I write why not blog it right? What's on your mind?
2. I can't wait until my mom comes in two weeks! The kids, okay so E, has been asking when she will be coming every day almost. We are going to have so much fun with Grandma here. I am so happy she is coming when C will be on his biking trip, that would have been a long 10 days with just me and the kids. On the same note, I've realized that I've become such good friends with my mom over the last several years. She's like my best friend now(besides my hubby of course). I think about how I turn to my mom for every thing when it comes to motherhood because I know she has been there before but it's funny because why then, when I was a teenager did I not turn to her more often for teenager advice because she went through that before too? I guess I just didn't think about it in that way before and I was probably self-absorbed back then and with maturity I have grown to lean on her more than I ever have and it's a good thing, why didn't I see it before?!
3. I hope one of my sisters gets married this year for a couple of reasons: one, I just want another excuse to go home and a wedding would be a fun thing to add to a trip home. Two, I have yet to attend another Temple Sealing(sp?) since my own and I would really like to and if it were one of my sisters that would be even better. And the last reason I think one of my sisters should get married is because they are all so awesome and beautiful and smart who wouldn't want to marry such amazing women (except my youngets is, you're beautiful and smart etc. just too young to get married:).
4. I have so many projects around the house that I want to do to make my house better but I just don't know where to start. I get overwhelmed with stuff like that, I'm just not good at things like that. I need a motivator most of the time to get me started then I can go from there. I'm hoping when my mom comes we'll get to do some of the fun projects together and that'll get me going ( I know you want to mom!). I think when I have a house of my own I am going to have to hire some one to help do the interior design, I think I will be way too overwhelmed when that time comes.
5. I really want to start exercising again and get into shape, like really good shape. I loved being an athlete and would love to be that way again. And if I don't ever get down to as small as I was before kids that is fine with me I'm not in it for the looks I just want to have that athletic ability again. I don't want to be sore after cleaning house (I know, it's pathetic don't laugh), or playing with my kids, throwing them in the air etc. I think the reason I feel so out of shape now is that I was once in REALLY good shape(gymnastics will do that to you). I used to be so active and fit and now that it's hard for me to even get out of the house I feel so lazy and that I just sit around way too much. When I was at home I went to my youngest sisters gymnastics meet and it was fun to relive memories I have of doing that and I miss it. I even did my old beam mount I did in high school and it looked okay I think (all of my sister's fellow team mates where impressed which made me feel good) but my point is that I was so sore after and I only did it a few times, it was sad! And the other reason I want to get back in to shape is that some day in the future not too far off, C will be done with schooling and have his career up and going and at that point we will have time to take family vacations, and when that day comes I want to be physically fit because the hobbies we enjoy doing together and as a family would most likely require me to be in good shape and I don't want to be the one holding us back from doing what we love(d) to do.
Well there you have it 5 things that I have been on my mind lately. I hope I didn't bore you too much but I just wanted to write these things down and since I type so much faster than I write why not blog it right? What's on your mind?
5 comments:
I love those "RANDOM MOMENTS" sometimes...and I too type much faster than I write... :)
I think you look SO cute! But I do know it is important to feel in shape! Good luck with all the fun things coming up in your life! It sounds like it will be so fun to have your mom there!
you can still do a beam mount? that is awesome & you should give yourself credit! i know what you mean though, ben & i are setting some major goals right now to get healthier. it's not even about being skinny (though that would be a DEFINITE plus) but just wanting to feel healthy. hope cory gets better soon & that you have fun with your mom! i really liked reading this one.
Since you posted on my brand new blog I need to finally post on yours. I liked your thoughts.
I know what you mean by being closer to mom since you were a teenager. I was worse than you as a teen!
The likelihood of one of your sisters getting married this year is becoming more plausible, but we will see.
I am out of shape too, but probably not as bad as you! Haha!
Okay...so I had been tempted to get a blog before, but now that Kim has one and you said I need to get one, I did it. So now you can keep updated on my life without having to call! And I'm working on that whole marriage thing, but it just doesn't seem to be working for me!
Post a Comment