Monday, February 04, 2008



I realized today I don't take nearly as many pictures of J as I did and still do of E, why is that? It's not that I love him less, or that he is any less cute, then why is it so hard for me? I keep thinking when they are older he'll think "wow not very many pictures of me mom", which he probably won't but I'll think that and then I'll feel bad. So I have concluded there are a couple of reasons why it is harder for me with him than it was with E: for one I think as mothers we get more busy with the more children we have, another reason is that with your first you're so excited to have a cute face to photograph and you go crazy (and we did with E that is for sure), and then I realized another really important reason why I lack in the "J pics" because he could care less about the camera and actually gets annoyed much of the time when I have that thing in his face. E on the other hand was a baby that knew she was cute and wanted to pose for any one with a camera. Here she is at 8 months old, I put that bow in her hair and I could tell instantly she felt "pretty" and she totally posed for this picture. It was this picture that opened my eyes to the fact that she totally knows what she is doing and loves the camera and then I saw my future with her, a little scary I might say! And to this day she'll say things like "take a picture of me doing this momma" or "look at me take a picture I'm so funny" etc. she's just a little HAM! Why do I bring this up now, well today J looked so cute in his little jammies and was being so good for the first part of the morning that I got the camera out to capture his cuteness and as soon as I tried to take a picture he went crazy and started wining and crying. It's not like this with him all the time but quite often I'll try and get him to smile or look cute he just refuses or walks away. It was just so much easier with E, and I just want to show you and my family how big and cute my boy is getting but I guess we'll have to get pictures of him on his terms and not mine, oh well.
To the right is J at 8 months old with his crazy hair...silly boy!

Look at this little poser, look no teeth!
She was so much fun to take pictures of
And then we have this boy....
This morning after trying to capture his cuteness, this is what we have
This was an attempt to get a cute picture with chocolate all on his face, he got mad
To prove he is not like this all the time here he is being silly at Grandma's house and below he just looks so cute there with his little chubby legs.
Here they are with Aunty after making cookies. I think E has some of her Aunties same genes, when her auntie was little like E she was always posing for the camera, she was the Ham of the Fam. I like this picture for the fact that you can tell which of my children likes the camera, and look who's looking away and could care less about it.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I feel the same with Kaden--he has only a few folders of pictures from his first year of life. Jenna has over 50! :) Good thing is, we caught our issue early and have taken many many more of EVERYONE (Spencer included. Jonah's may be kind of funny, but that is how he is--record it. You can always use it for blackmail! :)

Andrea said...

He is a cutie even when he is sad. I feel the same way with Tyler. We have soooo many more pictures of Ethan...but I think it equals out in the end. the older kid gets more pictures but also more responsibility, more expected of them, more pressure ect. Oh,the joys of parenting!!

Jen said...

We are so the same way with Ellis! All the pics we have of him are on the computer and no where else!

khepworth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.