Monday, February 18, 2008

You know you’re tired when……

Feel free to help me finish this sentence. I came up with just a few I have done in the last couple of days, but I know you guys have more. Help me out, this could be fun!

You know you’re tire when…

-You put the milk in the cupboard and the cereal in the fridge.

-You start to put hand soap on your toothbrush and open the toothpaste to wash your hands

-You put on you’re shirt and then pick up you’re bra and realize that this is not the right order of dressing your self.

-You change your kids diaper, and two minutes later you say “did I already change you’re diaper, I can’t remember” and change it again any way.

-You bathe your kids in the morning get them out and dress them in p.j.’s thinking its bed time already.

-You think to yourself “I need to go upstairs and do…whatever” then you go over by the door and put your shoes on and go up stairs. Then you think while up stairs “why did I put my shoes on again?”

-You see your kid’s nose is runny so you go get a tissue and then go to the wrong kid and tell them to blow, they look at you weird and do it any way. Then you look over at your other kid and say “oh yeah, oops.”

Okay so that is all I got. I could have sworn there were more dumb things I have done, and if there are I just can’t remember them.

You may be wondering why I am so tired, and maybe you aren’t but I’m going to tell you any way. It all started with a sore throat on Wednesday. Then Thursday still just a little sore. Friday comes along and it’s more sore than it was before. Then halfway through the day I start to loose my voice, I can still talk but it takes some effort. I still don’t feel terribly sick so we go to our Ward’s Valentines Dance that night and have fun with out the kids for a couple of hours. Friday night I do not sleep well at all, because I have developed a cough too. Saturday I have NO voice at all and am feeling pretty tired, every now and then I can squeak out some words at the kids or my hubby but I try and save my voice. I plan a head and get a sub for our Sunbemas class on Sunday thinking “if it gets worse than this there is no way we are going to church.” Sunday comes and it got worse! I couldn’t even get a squeak out of my mouth if I wanted to, I was left with only a whisper. I was awake off and on all Saturday night and I felt like I had been hit by a truck early Sunday morning. My head was pounding my throat still hurt and the cough was nagging still. At this point I am just glad it’s the weekend and I have my husband home to help with the kids. We were a sad sight yesterday, my kids were in their pj’s pretty much all day and C is sick too so we didn’t do much but sit on the couch and tell each other how crappy we felt. I made ramen noodles for dinner because I had no energy to think of or make any thing else. What a weekend! Today I can talk but am trying not to talk too much so I can get my voice back for good. I didn’t sleep much again last night so I am still pretty tired. My cough is still there but over all, besides being tired, I am feeling much better. Lets hope tomorrow is even better.

Side note: I think I yell too much, and don’t even realize it. This whole weekend I couldn’t talk much less yell and E kept saying after she’d get in trouble for doing some thing naughty “mommy you can’t yell though.” On more than one occasion she pointed this out and then I realized I must yell too much. So something good has come from this, I have learned I need to not yell and find another way to handle her "situations".

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I have done (and do almost daily) ALL of those things--and I'm NOT sick! :) I hope you feel better and that you get the most wonderful sleep EVER tonight!

Katie L said...

Those were so funny...but very true! I guess everyone was sick last weekend! I'm going through basically the same thing right now, but at least we can stay home in our jammies all day-hhaha!

Kara said...

I know I am overly tired and out of it when I drive off with things on top of my car... like food, the house phone.. the list could go on. OH by the way, I have checked your blog before, and of course I remember you. I will add you as a friend on my list so I am no longer a stalker :).

Katie L said...

thanks for the great advice....I'll besure to pass it onto Michael-hahahaha!

Andrea said...

You need a cup of hot chocolate, followed by a warm and fuzzy blanket and a long winter's nap. That will do the trick!

Adri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

Wow - I'm sorry you were so sick. Hopefully you're feeling better! I love reading your blog - you always make me laugh! I can definitely relate to the dumb things we do as moms when we're so tired! Luckily, our kids don't really know any better so they can't laugh at us. :)

Jami said...

so I keep peekin in on your blog I hope you don't mind. I love the post, too funny!