Monday, July 07, 2008

4th 'O July Fun!
I know it's a few days late but I just wanted to put up some of the pictures we took on the 4th. Even though it rained the first part of the day we still decided to get out and celebrate the Holiday. We celebrated with a fun community picnic with lots of food and then we set off some of our own fire works, which the kids loved and so did the Dads I think :) I think J is going to be a pyrotechnician when he grows up, he LOVED watching the fire works go off. He was always right there trying to help light them, not good! And after every time one would go off and make it's loud noise he would say "Ohhh man!" like it was the coolest thing he'd seen, it was hilarious! He would not move away from where the action was until he was sure it was over, he was so funny! He is all boy through and through, loves to play with fire! We bought some sparklers for the kids and that was a hit of course and no one got burned! E was actually too scared to hold them, she did it once and then decided it wasn't worth it and refused to do any more, what a funny girly girl.
After the BBQ we cleaned up the mess and bathed the kids since they were GROSS from playing in the muddy playground and then headed out to watch the fire works show down town. We watched them from up on top of the Dental School parking garage so we got a nice view and C snapped some pretty cool pictures of the sky line and the fire works. It was a great day, I'm glad we got to celebrate this great country with so many good friends.

Look how good my hubby is at getting night pictures, well I was impressed! These are just a few of the ones that turned out good that he took of the fire works show down town.

There are all the Dad's setting off the fire works and then there's J
here is J as close as we would let him get to the action
So most of my pictures came out smokey because there was a lot of smoke sorry.
Aww Father and Son!
He would not move from that spot
J wishing he had a match to light that thing. Notice how disgustingly dirty his face, hair and clothes are...he had lots of fun that day!
E holding a sparkler can you tell she was scared? Well she was, she ended up handing it off to me.
E and her BFF enjoying the fire works from afar!

5 comments:

lynsey said...

i can't believe what a little daredevil J is! caleb was scared out of his mind & made ME go inside so that HE didn't have to listen/see the fireworks. great pics!

Wendy said...

Sounds like lots of fun. Oh, and I've joined the world of blogging. Just FYI.

Katie L said...

What a great 4th of July! You can never go wrong with barbecues and fireworks!! Those night pictures are beautiful! Great job with the camera, C!! I'm glad the rain cleared up for you guys.

Jami said...

It looks like you guys had a great fourth of July-nice pitures of downtown! I was also glad to read about your jaw and that it's getting better.

Unknown said...

Your 4th sounds quite a bit better than ours :( Tyler worked from 9am-8pm. While he was out I went boating with some of the wives with a lady and her husband in the ward. Then when he got home we went to eat dinner because we heard the Six Flags show didn't start till 9:30...well as we are eating we see fireworks out the window of the restuarant :( BUT I'm glad you guys had fun! The night pics turned out awesome!