Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer tan lines
It's hot here! Much of the kids time out side is spent at the pool or in our little kiddy pool in our back yard. Since I go where my kids go I have noticed I'm getting tanner, by the day. I'm kinda liking it. I know I will never look like my Pocahontas sister but still this is good for me. It's probably not appropriate to post pictures of my tan lines but I do have a tan line that I haven't had the whole five years we have been married.......

Yep, my very first wedding ring tan line since we've been married! I know it's not that noticeable to you but to me it is. I know it sounds sad that I have been married 5 years and I am just barely getting a ring tan line from the one ring I should wear all the time but let me explain.....

2 weeks after we were married I got pregnant and about 3 months after that I swelled up like a water balloon! Sad but true, I gained 55 lbs while carrying our sweet little girl, yeah you read me right 55!!! I was huge! Most of it water weight making it so I could not wear my ring at all during my pregnancy with her. After she was born in March it took me a long while to lose the baby weight, a LONG time. I didn't want to re-size it so I just didn't wear it and waited until it could slide back onto my now chubby fingers. I had not been wearing my ring for quite a while so when it did finally fit my finger I forgot to put it on most days. I finally got in the habit of putting it on every day when that it finally fit me again and then I got pregnant again and swelled up again (not quite as huge this time :). So I had to take it off once again and wait until it fit, once again. Last summer it fit me as long as it wasn't hot and humid outside making my hands swell up, which wasn't often, so I just forgot to put it on much of the time. BUT I made it a point to always wear it this summer and now look, my very first wedding ring tan! I'm so proud and I'm sure my hubby likes it too along with my other tan lines ;)

(don't make fun of my chubby mischlin man fingers!)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, you are so tan...for you I mean. I was getting a nice flip-flop tan on my feet from walking around in the sun. Sadly, this week it's been kind of cloudy and cool.

Katie L said...

You think that's bad? I gain.....70+lbs with Calvin! I never get tanned on my fingers, but my feet have thong lines worth bragging about-hahaha!

Unknown said...

I have very noticable tan lines on two fingers...the perks of having dark skin, it tans quicker :)