Sunday, June 14, 2009

A fun family weekend

A while back on the long weekend we had (Last month) Friends of ours invited us along on a short day trip out to a State park (I think it was a state park) Any way. It had this fun hike where you could walk through the creek and eventually get to a small waterfall that we played in. It was really fun and I'm glad we found a new fun place to go during the hot summer.



Daddy even found the kids a turtle swimming around in the water. We played with it for a while then released it back to it's home. E was not happy about letting it go, she wanted to keep it.

It was such a gorgeous hike. I love how green everything is here, from spring and all through the summer.


Cool cave that we played in before lunch.

I think we stopped a dozen or so times to let the kids throw rocks into the creek. J could have done that all day!

2 comments:

Jenalee said...

Where is this place? I didn't think there was anywhere to swim in indiana!

Unknown said...

Wow, that place looks sweet! I want to go there. I wonder if there is anywhere here like that. E looks really tall in that second picture. She's growing up so fast (wiping away a tear).