I love days like today!
There are days like the other day, where I am woken up by two grumpy children too early (for them to be awake). They begin the day bad and end it just the same. There was pouting at each meal, fighting with each other non stop, just plain ornery-ness all around ALL day!
But then....there are days like today. I woke up before my kids woke me up (that rarely happens) and I waited for them to wake up, hoping it would be a happy morning.
IT WAS!
My sweet girl comes down stairs and yells "Mommy!" hugs me and tells me she loves me. She then starts rambling off why she loves me. Then she tells me why she loves daddy "Know why I love Daddy?" she asked "Because he is so funny!" She then asks where he is. I tell her he is at school, as usual and she said "Oh I wish he were here with us so we could be together like a family." She is so cute. Just melting my heart this morning.
Then I hear quiet singing coming from my J boy. I go up to his room open the door and get another sweet greeting "Mommy!" and a big hug as I get him out of his crib (yes he's still in a crib). Then with out me saying it first he says "Mommy I love you!" then kisses my cheek. He has never said "I love you" to me with out me saying it first to him. It was so sweet.
We came down stairs and the two kiddos greeted each other. J yells out "EEEE! Hi sissy!" and E responds similarly with excitement to see J. I thought to myself "Yesss, it's going to be a good day."
They picked out their breakfast with out complaining or whining. They both ate their breakfast with out playing with it, throwing it or whining about it. It was awesome. Just two happy kids eating and talking and laughing together.
I love days like these. The days that start out right and hopefully end right. We shall see.
As I type this, this very moment, they are sharing toys and not fighting over them, sharing them! E handed J his sticker book when he said "hey that's mine." Then he opened it up and said "here sissy, you have my sticker, ok?!" She thanked him and now they are sharing!?
It's gonna be a good day.
It may sound like simple things that most children do every day. And I don't want to say that my children never share, or never eat with out being forced because they do do these things a lot but for some reason, they are doing these things more happily, more willingly. The all around mood is so much better today. I'm loving it.
I can handle the bad days. I just push through them, knowing they will come to an end. Knowing not every day is going to be bad like this.....
And then I wait......
for wonderful days like today.
I savor days like today, trying to enjoy every moment.
I know I am blessed from above with these good, awesome, fun days for putting up with the bad, awful, ugly days.
I love days like these! (knocking on wood so as not to jinx it, I hope it lasts all day)
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Happy day!
Posted by Kris at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm glad you had a good day. We had the ornery kind today. No fun! We need a happy day. I love those precious moments!
Post a Comment