Sunday, June 14, 2009

mmmm they smell so sweet

A while back we went strawberry picking at a local "U-Pick" farm. The kids had fun...for the first 5 minutes and then they ran around the field while we finished the job of filling our buckets with strawberris.

I thought that is why I brought the kids, to help work and pick the berries for me. Not so much. Oh well.

I then made home made strawberry freezer jam, my favorite! I love how the strawberries smell while I'm mashing them up mmm. Well, it turns out the kids love the jam too. They loved it so much we are almost out of the 4 jars I made (and kept). So I'm making more this week.



While we're on the subject of strawberries.....

The kids and I went down town with some friends to a strawberry festival. We wanted to check it out and see what it was all about.

Well not to our surprise it was about eating strawberries on short cake!

It was fun and the strawberry short cake was good! Just not $6 good, oh well it was still fun. It made us laugh though, they could have at least had strawberries from our state, but no, they had ones from California. It's okay though, they still tasted so good.And to work off the calories we got from the cake we danced while a fun jazzy-type band played some up-beat music. Well, Marty danced with E, Micah danced by himself and J stared at the band while I took pictures.

It was cute to see Micah and E dance though. Micah had the crowed ooohing and aaahhhing at his cuteness, for good reason, he was darn cute! And at the end he would turn to the crowd and smile and clapp as if he were saying "your welcome for the show", it was too funny!

I love this picture below! I know you can only see the back of E's head but she's clapping and making Micah laugh and dance and as you can see he was having fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum, strawberries! There was a strawberry festival in Hartford on saturday. A bunch of the wives went, but with there kids. I don't think it's quite as fun without some kids to go with you! I mean, it just wouldn't be as cute for me to start dancing to the jazz band by myself...
Oh and Tyler's parents make that frozen strawberry jam. I'd never had it before I met him, but it is delicious! I love it on pancakes and biscuits.

Kara said...

Hey,
I just literally got done making strawberry freezer jam. The place we go to also hands out free strawberry shortcake made with homemade doughnuts. I have already taken the kids a few times, and I have to stop, because I am embarrassed that the farmer who owns the place happens to always walk in when I am stuffing my face with strawberry shortcake. Anywho... I am also planning on doing raspberry freezer jam in a few weeks. I love summer.

Bonnie said...

And Eden let some other child be the center of attention and get all the oohs and ahhs? I find that hard to believe. Well, maybe she is growing up and can share the limelight a little. I bet she was right out there dancing her heart out the whole time, huh?
The most darling girl in the world!!