Sunday, June 14, 2009

Playing catch-up with the blog

So I'm playing catch up with the family blog here.
I have posted several posts below this one and by several I mean lots! So scroll down if you want to see more pictures, if not, then don't! This is mostly for the family anyway (keeping you up to date Harkers!)

In case you are wondering, here is how I blog.....
First I go through and sort out the pictures I want to post up on the blog.
I edit (if needed) the photos then file them in a folder called "For the Blog"
When I have all the pictures in there that I want for a particular post or two, I then blog about them.
I then remove them from said folder.

Well in this case, my "For the Blog" folder was very very full and this is why I am catching up. So I can empty it.

Here we go....

Here's what we have been up to these days......

Me: I have been keeping on top of gardening. The RS garden is turning out wonderful!

Our lettuce came up in abundance but it doesn't last long in this heat, we have harvested most of it.
I can't wait to have fresh red tomatoes from the garden!
Our poor pathetic broccoli, so small. Oh well there's always next year.
Not only have I been doing the RS gardening but I had some wonderful help from my neighbor planting some cute flowers in the front of my house. Our management here passed out free flowers to anyone who wanted to help "beautify" our neighborhood. I was excited for this opportunity and I'm pretty sure they wanted me to participate because my front "mulched" area looked pretty pathetic because my kids dug it all up. But nooowww....

It looks a lot better!
I love these cute flowers, they are very happy flowers.
C: He's been busy with clinic, which is a good thing. See posts below about his first filling on me. He has made appointments with several patients for the next few weeks to come. This is such an exciting time for him, he gets to do what he has wanted to do this whole time and what he will do for the rest of his career, dentistry! We are all so proud of him!

The kids:They have been staying busy hanging out, playing outside, taking hikes, riding bikes, playing with friends, helping daddy, they helped me plant flowers too. E loves to wake up and help water them.I ask her everyday "Why are you so beautiful?" and her response is always "Cause you made me that way!" Good answer!
She's gorgeous, and I'm not just saying that!My silly girl, runn'n around!
My cute boy just relaxing in the grass.
Fixing bikes with daddy, a spring/summer ritual at our house.

Like I said, lots of pictures.

4 comments:

Klingler said...

Holy smokes lady! You did a ton of updating. Your kiddos are so dang cute. Eden is beautiful just like her momma. Glad you guys have been having fun. I know Micah is sure grateful for you guys too. He loves being with you and the kids. Thanks for being Mr. Rogers!

Katie The Lady said...

WOW! I'm so impressed with your garden!!! I have pots on my balcony, but I really don't think any food will come from them-hahaha! E really is so beautiful, and J is so adorable!!!

adrienne said...

You're garden looks great! We're behind you guys in our growing season, but ours is pretty pathetic. Oh, well. I'm still hoping for a harvest of some kind! The pictures are great! They are so cute.

Denisse said...

Wow! You've been a busy lady K!!!! your garden looks AMAZING! And the kiddos are just BEAUTIFUL and full of personality!