Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Birthday wishes (just a little late, sorry)

Last weekend was my wonderful Mother's Birthday (which also happened to be my little sister's Wedding reception) So it was kind of a crazy day for my family back at home, to say the least. I didn't really get the chance to wish my Mom a Happy Birthday that day. I really wanted to and I wanted to have the kids sing to her on the phone but again, it was crazy and did not happen.

I tried to make the kids sing to her the next day with no such luck. They were both in foul moods. So E later suggested we video her and J boy singing to Grandma and put in on the blog (I love how she knows what "the blog" is). And that is just what we did. J boy still refused to sing (he's not much of a singer) but he did wish his G-Ma a Happy Birthday. We hope you like it Grandma!
A little about my Mom:
She turned 35 again this year and looks better than ever ;)
She is the greatest Mom in the world, it's true!
She had SEVEN children! That alone amazes me!
All of her children have stayed active in our church and have strong testimonies of our Savior (I attribute that to her being the amazing Mother she is).
She is fun to be around. She loves to joke around with her kids and can take a joke when we joke around with her, we have fun when we all get together and Mom joins right in.
She is a hard worker. She was a working mom with seven kids, her strength amazes me.
She is a good teacher....
She taught me to garden (which I now love to do.)
She taught me to sew (which I now liked to do to but don't have the time or a machine any more)
She taught me so many other good life skills, the list goes on BUT most importantly.....
She taught me how to be a good daughter, sister, friend,Wife and Mother and for that I am forever grateful to her.


I love how she adores my children (granted, they are her only grand children) but I love it even more how my Children adore their Grandma! I love this picture.

I love how we have become best friends. I can tell her anything and go to her often for advice. She comes to me too with concerns or funny stories or just to be the listening ear for me. I have loved my Mother all my life, of course, but only since I have been grown and moved out of the house have I found a deep appreciation for her and all she did and still does for me. I have found that we are more than just Mother and daughter in our relationship, we are also good friends. Some times I wish I would have been better as a teenager at being friends with my Mom. We got along fine through my teenage years with the usual challenges, but I remember going off to college and just after my first semester I realized that I took my Mother for granted while living at home. Since then I have tried to be a better daughter, I hope I have been :)

So Mommy, I love you! Thank you for always being there for me and my family.

Happy Birthday!! (only a few days late ;)
We can't wait to see you in June.


Here is the kids' video, it turned out kind of cute even though J boy did not sing.
Better late than never right?!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Thanks Kids!! That is all I wanted for my birthday is a song from you. Thanks for the nice card,too. K you made me cry but it is nice to know that we are BFF, I so appreciate the wonderful woman you have become and I take absolutely no credit for that! I just can hardly wait for June when I get to visit. Love you all soooo much!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday MOM! The video of the kids is adorable. What a sweet thing to do.