Saturday, April 03, 2010

Fun at the Beach

Since February (which, by the way, was an awful month as far as weather goes) my kids have been begging to go to "The Beach".

Now, we don't actually live any where near an Ocean Beach but we live close enough to the Great Lakes which seem like an Ocean to the kids, so we call that "The Beach".

We have been up to the Lake a couple of times and the kids LOVE playing in the sand and the very cold water too.

This last week was E's Spring Break for school. Of course C's spring break was the week before (why can't the be the same week?) but sadly we were all sick during that week. So, since we were all feeling better this week, C decided to take a personal day and spend it with the Family for our Spring Break day at the beach.

The kids were SO excited to finally get to go to the beach, and I must say, so was I. It's a day trip to go up there since it takes almost three hours to get there but it was worth it. AND if you read my last post, I got my Jamba Juice because it was right off the highway on the way there ;) that was a nice bonus!

With 82 degree weather a slight (and some times gusting) wind it was the perfect day to go!
Here is what we did that day...........

Sat on the beach, soaked up the sun
We watched the kids have the time of their lives getting dirty in the sand and not only brave the FREEZING cold water but play in it! I don't know how they could stand it, it was so cold.
Little miss model, in my hat
their favorite part, collecting rocks of all sizes
We had a fun family Spring break "day trip" to the Beach. Look another Family picture with Me and C in it, that doesn't happen often.
We were lucky enough to share our company these two cute people, who are like Family to us (Poor Ken had to go to school :( but Micah had a blast with the Harker kids, nonetheless)
Micah loves his E girl!

4 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Yay- Finally a preggie picture!!! And by the way, you are not huge at all!!! You look great!!

Boy, it looks liks the Ocean! What fun for you guys. We're stuck in a snow storm right now-yuck!

Daniel and Dawn said...

I absolutely LOVE, love and love the picture of Micah and E!!!! Way cute! Nice photo!

adrienne said...

So fun!! I can't believe it's nice enough there for that. I'm jealous. And I'm so excited to see a picture of you preggers! In all the years we've been friends, I've never seen you pregnant. I miss you. I need to call you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful body on her love somenudes of her