We do Easter pretty simple around our house. Nothing fancy, nothing over the top, and this year I tried to focus it more on Jesus and the real meaning behind celebrating this holiday. "Tried" is the Key word in that sentence, I hope they got some of it.
We don't even really do the Easter Bunny around here. They both know that Mommy bought the Easter baskets and gifts and treats inside it and put it out for them on Easter morning. The Bunny doesn't hide the eggs, instead we do, and guess what? It's still just as fun for them.
I think for us, doing it this way helps us focus it more on the real meaning while still having fun.
We didn't even color our eggs until Sunday morning. The kids LOVE this part of Easter, though.
I tried skipping it this year (since we did this at E's Easter themed birthday party) but they were not about to let me skip it this year.
Look how excited they both are to color their eggs!
The food! Easter Dinner.
I did not do the traditional Ham, but instead did my yummy crock-potted and then grilled to perfection RIBS! They were GOOD. Yum!
It was a good Easter Sunday, Conference on Easter was like the Cherry on top!
4 comments:
I know I always cry when my big sis has more goodies than me-hahaha! Those ribs look amazing!!!
Happy Easter!!
mmmm....ribs look delicious! I'm so lame I didn't even have an easter hunt for my kids.....and my only defense is Clinton was out of town....!!
Mmm... Ribs! I made a ham, first one ever, and ribs sound so much better. Our Easter traditions sound about similar. The kids asked me where their baskets came from and I told them I did it for them. No big deal. They had a blast and enjoyed it all. Then in their daycare journals yesterday, T's teacher said he told everyone that his mommy was the Easter bunny! Ha, ha! Oops.
Post a Comment