Monday, June 06, 2011

Back yard Camp fire

The kids BEG and BEG to have a "camp fire" in the back yard as soon as spring arrives. It's the next best thing to camping I guess. We usually wait until our back yard "dries out" a bit because it's not really a yard but more like a mud pit and it can get pretty messy back there.

There were a couple of nights that were perfect for it, where it was not too hot and not too cold out and the yard was dry enough to walk on. So we called up some friends and took advantage of the nice weather and roasted Marshmallows, or as our cute neighbor calls them, "Mash-ah-dows".

(Sorry for the blurry pictures)
First time having a Marshmallow, YUM!

Poking at the fire. My pyro children...Thankfully no one was hurt/burned only a few close calls.


No that is not poop in his mouth, although it does kind of look like it. He put his roasted Mallow in his mouth a little too early.
That's hot.
We sure are going to miss Thomas and Alex when we leave. It has been fun to see J boy have so much fun with all his neighborhood boy friends. Poor E has been hanging out with boys galore for the last couple of years, good thing she's boy crazy ;)

1 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

OK so I'm not going to comment on every new post, but I will say this: You have the best family stories, adventures, and posts! I love reading them all!