Friday, June 17, 2011

Water Babies

Well, I survived another year of swimming lessons with three kids.

Two weeks (excluding weekends) I arose early in the morning to haul these kids to swimming lessons. I was on my own, Me 1 Mom with 2 large bags shoved full of stuff, who forced 3 kids in to bathing suits and packed clean dry clothes for 4 people, who also had to remember to bring at least 5 towels.....I did it, I survived it. 10 days of it.

((Sigh))

It was a long two weeks. I'm glad I did it but I'm glad it's over!

Last year I did the same but lulu was one month old and not in swimming lessons and I did not survive that year. OK I barely survived, barely.

This year I decided to do the Mom and Tot class with lulu to introduce her to the water. I knew she would love it because she loved her bath time so much. Well what I thought I knew was wrong. She did not love it. She loved clinging to me and splashing the water with her hands. She loved sitting on the edge of the pool and kicking wildly. She loved toy time :) But Sadly much of everything else she protested doing. And now she hates her bath time. OK that's a lie she just hates the part where I get her hair wet or when I lie her down (which used to be her favorite part of bath time) or when I rinse off the soap on her body.
Maybe swimming lessons this early was a bad idea.

Oh well, I tried.

Since I was in the pool with Lulu these were the only two pictures I got of the three kiddos.

Not one of J boy actually liking it (Last year he cried the whole first week and the second week he pouted) Not one picture of E doing the back stroke (which she does really well) not even one of me forcing Lulu to float on her back as she loudly protested (which would have made a great picture).

But I did get these 2 pictures.

At least I got some thing taken to remember my third year of dragging kids to swimming lessons. These will have to do until next year.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine, K. But I am continually proud of what a good mother you are. You and they will appreciate many times the fact that you took the time and effort to make sure they learned how to swim. Great Job!!
Dad