Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Have you heard of Scentsy?
I just wanted to announce my Scentsy Business. If you haven't heard of Scentsy I'll tell you a little more about this fast growing company. Scentsy's slogan is "The Hottest New Thing In Candles" and it really is an awesome idea. It works much like many of the Direct selling companies, they use consultants: who sell the product as a home based business, and Hosts: who host events in their homes and earn free or 1/2 priced products. Let me tell you exactly how the Scentsy candles work....

Scentsy is a candle system that is wick less, flame less, smokeless and a safe way to make your home or office smell great!
The decorative warmers use a 25 watt light bulb to melt the wax in a safe way. You just plug it in flip a switch and let the wax do it's thing. When melted the wax is not hot, but is just slightly warmer than your body temperature so if spilled no one will be burnt! The wax comes in bars that are made to be broken up into small pieces and placed in the top of the warmer to melt and release the scent of your choice. There are over 80 scents to choose from, so you are sure to find a few you will fall in love with. The best part about the wax, I think, is that it is so long lasting and reusable. If you are ready for a new scent in your warmer you just pour the already melted wax back into its mold, wipe out the warmer and choose a new scent to enjoy.

Now that you know a little more about Scentsy I wanted to tell you that I am having my launch party Hosted by my good friend Sarah this coming up week(I'll let you know which day for sure) and I know many of you live far away from me and won't be able to attend but can still be included in this event. So if you wanted to take advantage of this event and order for the first time or order some new scents I will have a link on my new website www.scentsy.com/kharker
that will say "my events" click on that and then on the calendar you'll see which day we decided to do the event, click on "launch event" and you will have an option there to order from there. Or if you'd rather, you can call me or email me an order and I will put it in for this event. Also for all you ladies that live near me or are in the ward etc. feel free to comment if you'd like an invitation to the party, some of you may know you are already invited so you don't have to comment but i you haven't heard about it and would like to come please leave a comment and we'll send you an official invite.

One more thing, sorry! If you are in the area and would like to Host a party I have a free Scentsy gift for you just let me know we'll set up a date and I'll present your free gift at your party! If you are the type that doesn't want a party in your home, you can do what is called a basket party where I leave the scents with you for a set amount of time and you can tell friends, family, or even co-workers about it on your own time, let them smell the scents and then put in your orders for the "basket party" you can earn the hostess rewards this way too, so let me know if you are interested in doing either of these.

I really am excited to start this business. To be honest I'm not big into doing these home based businesses mainly because of the work involved and the "selling" aspect of it. Also many of them have you do formal presentations and that is kind of intimidating, but with Scentsy you can get away with just an open house and sit around with friends or strangers and enjoy choosing your favorite scents. Also after taking a look at Scentsy and their products I realized these products sell themselves, which will make my job easy! I think it will be lots of fun!

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey--I think this is great. I am DEFINITELY going to check out your site! I really only use flameless candles anymore, because flames + kids = potential disaster. :) So, this looks like a great option for me!

Thanks!

Kris said...

Rachel I know I just eamiled you a bunch of info on it but I forgot to tell you the other appealing thing about my area and yours is that there aren't many people out in the Midwest who are selling so there won't be that competition like out in Utah or Idaho for example. Any way I'm done telling you about it :)

lynsey said...

i wish we could have candles here, but flameless or not, it is against the "code" for us to have them in the group home. isn't that lame? yes it is i will answer your question. but after we're done, if you can remind me, i will look back into it because these are a FANTASTIC idea! good luck selling!

Jami said...

I've got one that my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. I absolutely love it but I only have one scent and would love to get some more. I'd like to order some from you.

Unknown said...

Hey I will probably get some from you when we move out there. Budget is a little tight right now :) But I would looove to get some this summer when I need to decorate and make my new "home" smell good!

khepworth said...

I LOVE Scentsy!!!

My must have scents:
Sunkissed Citrus
Clove and Cinnamon
Lucky in Love (smells just like Victoria's Secret Love Spell)

I also love their car air freshners.

Good luck in your new business venture!

Hamblin Family said...

Good luck with your new business. Sounds like your off to a good start already.

Andrea said...

What is your favorite scent? I think you are going do really great at this...I have heard so much about these - I will definitely get on your site and take a look around!