Yesterday's fun...
Well we had a fun day yesterday with it being Daddy's birthday and all. I had it all planned out in my head how the day would go or at least the morning: First I'd get the kids and me ready, next make daddy's b-day cake (which was actually brownies, he doesn't love cake), then pack a perfect picnic, then go pick up C's present which was going to be a new BBQ since ours is old and gross, Next head to C's school for lunch break and meet him there wit his surprise "b-day party". Then enjoy the picnic and brownies, then show him the nice new BBQ in the back of the Van just for him (and us too :) Well I know that when I plan things so detailed in my head it never turns out and it's always a disapointment to me. Well I was pleasantly surprised when most of it worked out just right!
After the kids and I were ready and the brownies made and the picnic packed we headed to a hard wear store to get the BBQ. I saw it on sale in their add sent to us and knew I'd get that one. I went in and asked for help and told them which one I wanted. The guy then said "just to let you know the reason they are so cheap is because you have to put them together yourself they don't come already assembled." Bummer! I wanted it to be there assembled in the car for C so it would be a big surprise. So I didn't get it, but I got him some BBQ utensils and wrapped those up as his gift.
So we then called Daddy and told him we were on our way to meet him for lunch, he didn't know about the party E and I planned. E was so excited to have a picnic with daddy at his school and she even wanted to bring candles to put on his "cake" and sing to him. I told her we would, only if she sang Happy Birthday with me (I didn't want to sing by myself). Well we got there and E was carrying his present and walking towards the grassy place out in front of his school where daddy was and there were many of his class mates there too. It was so cute to see his big smile as we approached with his gift. At this point all his class mates are asking "is it your b-day C?" one even said "Man, my wife didn't bring me a gift or lunch on my b-day" I felt like such a good wife :) E gave him his present and we got out the small "cake" and lit the candles and what do you know, E sang to him it was so cute! I'm sure C was a little embarrassed but in a good way. I could hear all the women out there with their "aawww's" and "so cute!" etc. and it WAS so cute. We then sat down on the blanket and ate our little family picnic together. It was so fun to do that and I think I'll do it again soon, the kids loved to see daddy at school. The picnic was quick because we began to be swarmed by rather large ants and E had to go potty and J filled his pants so we headed in the school to take care of both problems.
I was so happy it turned out almost exactly as I planned, except for the whole BBQ thing. But actually I thought it was better that E could carry and then hand him his present, she was excited and said the gift was from her, I guess it kind of was?! So when he opened it I said "now you can go pick out a new BBQ" I told him about the one I was going to get and why I didn't end up getting it. And what do you know, that is the one he wanted! So I think we'll just go get the one at Walmart that is already put together, he doesn't have time to put a BBQ together. The only other thing I was bummed about is that I forgot the CAMERA!!! I was so sad about that since it was such a good time, oh well, no pics! I think my favorite part was when his classmates would say "C is this your family?" and he would respond "yep that's my wife and kids!" he was such a proud father and husband it made me smile and it melted my heart! He told me it was the best Birthday and that made me feel so good! This weekend C and I will go on a b-day dinner date just the two of us! I sure do love this man, and I'm glad my little "family party" worked out just right! We love you Daddy!
After the kids and I were ready and the brownies made and the picnic packed we headed to a hard wear store to get the BBQ. I saw it on sale in their add sent to us and knew I'd get that one. I went in and asked for help and told them which one I wanted. The guy then said "just to let you know the reason they are so cheap is because you have to put them together yourself they don't come already assembled." Bummer! I wanted it to be there assembled in the car for C so it would be a big surprise. So I didn't get it, but I got him some BBQ utensils and wrapped those up as his gift.
So we then called Daddy and told him we were on our way to meet him for lunch, he didn't know about the party E and I planned. E was so excited to have a picnic with daddy at his school and she even wanted to bring candles to put on his "cake" and sing to him. I told her we would, only if she sang Happy Birthday with me (I didn't want to sing by myself). Well we got there and E was carrying his present and walking towards the grassy place out in front of his school where daddy was and there were many of his class mates there too. It was so cute to see his big smile as we approached with his gift. At this point all his class mates are asking "is it your b-day C?" one even said "Man, my wife didn't bring me a gift or lunch on my b-day" I felt like such a good wife :) E gave him his present and we got out the small "cake" and lit the candles and what do you know, E sang to him it was so cute! I'm sure C was a little embarrassed but in a good way. I could hear all the women out there with their "aawww's" and "so cute!" etc. and it WAS so cute. We then sat down on the blanket and ate our little family picnic together. It was so fun to do that and I think I'll do it again soon, the kids loved to see daddy at school. The picnic was quick because we began to be swarmed by rather large ants and E had to go potty and J filled his pants so we headed in the school to take care of both problems.
I was so happy it turned out almost exactly as I planned, except for the whole BBQ thing. But actually I thought it was better that E could carry and then hand him his present, she was excited and said the gift was from her, I guess it kind of was?! So when he opened it I said "now you can go pick out a new BBQ" I told him about the one I was going to get and why I didn't end up getting it. And what do you know, that is the one he wanted! So I think we'll just go get the one at Walmart that is already put together, he doesn't have time to put a BBQ together. The only other thing I was bummed about is that I forgot the CAMERA!!! I was so sad about that since it was such a good time, oh well, no pics! I think my favorite part was when his classmates would say "C is this your family?" and he would respond "yep that's my wife and kids!" he was such a proud father and husband it made me smile and it melted my heart! He told me it was the best Birthday and that made me feel so good! This weekend C and I will go on a b-day dinner date just the two of us! I sure do love this man, and I'm glad my little "family party" worked out just right! We love you Daddy!
4 comments:
I am SO glad your birthday fun worked out! It is always so nice when our plans work out!!!!
I can't wait to hear about your birthday dinner out--dates are SO wonderful! :)
Wow! You ARE a good wife! Nicely done!! I thought his birthday present was his trip to Moab... Lucky guy.
You and E sure put together a mean picnic. I look forward to doing it again. The weather was perfect so hopefully it doesn't get too hot too soon. Love ya.
What a sweet little Birthday party...you are a great wife. Have fun on your dinner date!
Post a Comment