Whoops!
So I am not the best Daughter in the world and I'll tell you why... I kind of forgot my Mom's Birthday yesterday. I have excuses, but really it's my Mom, no excuses! I'm sorry Mom, I love you!
Yesterday was a crazy day loaded with lots of activities. Here was my day....
Woke up at 7:30 (not too bad) decided not to go running but to clean my house instead. I did the dishes, some laundry, swept the kitchen, wiped down all surfaces in the kitchen, clean the stove (it was gross), cleaned out the dishwasher (long story but it is old and needed it) cleaned the living room, well that's about it but you should have seen my house before, it was a mess! And I did all this before 10:00am, not too bad. I got the kids and I showered and dressed ready to go to the Relief Society "Play group". I packed a yummy picnic and then headed out to picked up "baby girl" because I was going that direction and was supposed to have her in an hour any way, then headed to the Park. It was windy but warm out so we did have lots of fun. The kids LOVED the sand, which needless to say I didn't. With the wind it was bound to get in some one's eyes and well, all their little crevasses, oh well. Going on with my day.....Went home put all three kiddo's to bed, it was nice! I looked around at my house and apparently while I was getting ready the kids tore apart the living room again and I couldn't even tell I cleaned it, oh the joy! The kids woke up and I headed to the store to get some last minute things for my big Launch party I had last night. Then it was off to the neighborhood park because every one else was there, why not?! Then we came home after an hour or so and I was frantically getting ready for the party. I did the whole Party thing and it was a GREAT turn out and it was lots of fun! I came home and then thought "what is today, hmm the 16th oh no my mom's Birthday!" so 10:30pm I called her (lucky for me she is three hours earlier than me :) I felt so bad, I'm such a bad daughter but I think she will forgive me. She did say "I didn't get a Happy Birthday from my grandaughter" ooohh I felt bad and E will be calling her today :)
Let me tell you why my mom is the greatest.... She had SEVEN, yes that's right, SEVEN children! After having just two of my own I think "Wow how did she do it, how did she have all seven make time for all of us and still have time for herself, oh wait she didn't" she sacrificed so much for her children when I look back at it I feel some what guilty but it brings tears to my eyes to think that she loved all of us so much she would do any thing for us and I think that alone qualifies her as an AWESOME Mom! I recently read this Qote and thought instantly of my Mother...
"She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to her children, who ate with eagerness. 'She had kept none for herself,' grumbled the sergeant. 'because she is not hungry,' said the soldier. 'No,' said the sergeant 'Because she is a Mother.'"
I loved that because that is the reality of my Mother.
Six of her children are girls, so you can imagine the years of DRAMA she has put up with, sorry mom I know I totally added to that drama but not in the last 5 years or so :) Not only was she a full time Mom but she also held a job, whether part time or full time she always worked to help take care of the Family. My favorite part about my Mom is that she is a great friend! She is always there to listen to my lame problems and give me advice if needed. She is an amazing Grandma and totally plays the 'role' it so fun to watch her love my kids and to watch my kids love her back and beg for Grandma to come and visit. She is even good at spoiling them, some times that is fun but that is her job right? Since I have had children I have come to appreciate her so much more, I realize how much she did for us growing up and how hard it must have been, but much of the time she smiled through all the ups and downs and made sure we were all taken care of. I have only the good memories to look back on because there were so many.
She is always good for a laugh and is even a good sport when her daughters decide to tease her, although some times she does make herself and easy target for a good joke :) but she's always the type to laugh along with us. My favorite story I think of when I think of laughing with/or about my mom is this.... One day on the way to Church, I believe, we got in the car and Mom was getting on our case about some thing, I don't remember what, and was pretty mad. She then said her famous line in a some what angry voice "Don't make me get ugly!" and my older sister hesitantly and quietly, but loud enough for mom and all of us to hear said "Too late." we all busted up laughing because we were all thinking that same thing and at this point my Mom's anger immediately left and she began to laugh still trying to put us in our place but couldn't recover from laughing. To this day I still don't remember what we did to make her so mad but I do remember mom easily forgiving us, that is just her way. There are so many many stories of my Mom I could share to convince you of how amazing she really is but I don't need to do that because she is MY MOMMA and I already know she is the GREATEST! Any one that knows her knows how great she is and how much fun she is to be around. Thank you Mom for the "bread" you gave me in life I am forever indebted to you. I Love you!
okay I need a tissue....
Having fun at Temple square with my mom. I know it's a bad picture but I couldn't find any pictures of me and my mom and it's not my fault, my mom is like her mom and never lets people take pictures of her. I guess she's not as bad as her mom was but still we rarely get pictures of her, so this is the best I got.
Yesterday was a crazy day loaded with lots of activities. Here was my day....
Woke up at 7:30 (not too bad) decided not to go running but to clean my house instead. I did the dishes, some laundry, swept the kitchen, wiped down all surfaces in the kitchen, clean the stove (it was gross), cleaned out the dishwasher (long story but it is old and needed it) cleaned the living room, well that's about it but you should have seen my house before, it was a mess! And I did all this before 10:00am, not too bad. I got the kids and I showered and dressed ready to go to the Relief Society "Play group". I packed a yummy picnic and then headed out to picked up "baby girl" because I was going that direction and was supposed to have her in an hour any way, then headed to the Park. It was windy but warm out so we did have lots of fun. The kids LOVED the sand, which needless to say I didn't. With the wind it was bound to get in some one's eyes and well, all their little crevasses, oh well. Going on with my day.....Went home put all three kiddo's to bed, it was nice! I looked around at my house and apparently while I was getting ready the kids tore apart the living room again and I couldn't even tell I cleaned it, oh the joy! The kids woke up and I headed to the store to get some last minute things for my big Launch party I had last night. Then it was off to the neighborhood park because every one else was there, why not?! Then we came home after an hour or so and I was frantically getting ready for the party. I did the whole Party thing and it was a GREAT turn out and it was lots of fun! I came home and then thought "what is today, hmm the 16th oh no my mom's Birthday!" so 10:30pm I called her (lucky for me she is three hours earlier than me :) I felt so bad, I'm such a bad daughter but I think she will forgive me. She did say "I didn't get a Happy Birthday from my grandaughter" ooohh I felt bad and E will be calling her today :)
Let me tell you why my mom is the greatest.... She had SEVEN, yes that's right, SEVEN children! After having just two of my own I think "Wow how did she do it, how did she have all seven make time for all of us and still have time for herself, oh wait she didn't" she sacrificed so much for her children when I look back at it I feel some what guilty but it brings tears to my eyes to think that she loved all of us so much she would do any thing for us and I think that alone qualifies her as an AWESOME Mom! I recently read this Qote and thought instantly of my Mother...
"She broke the bread into two fragments and gave them to her children, who ate with eagerness. 'She had kept none for herself,' grumbled the sergeant. 'because she is not hungry,' said the soldier. 'No,' said the sergeant 'Because she is a Mother.'"
I loved that because that is the reality of my Mother.
Six of her children are girls, so you can imagine the years of DRAMA she has put up with, sorry mom I know I totally added to that drama but not in the last 5 years or so :) Not only was she a full time Mom but she also held a job, whether part time or full time she always worked to help take care of the Family. My favorite part about my Mom is that she is a great friend! She is always there to listen to my lame problems and give me advice if needed. She is an amazing Grandma and totally plays the 'role' it so fun to watch her love my kids and to watch my kids love her back and beg for Grandma to come and visit. She is even good at spoiling them, some times that is fun but that is her job right? Since I have had children I have come to appreciate her so much more, I realize how much she did for us growing up and how hard it must have been, but much of the time she smiled through all the ups and downs and made sure we were all taken care of. I have only the good memories to look back on because there were so many.
She is always good for a laugh and is even a good sport when her daughters decide to tease her, although some times she does make herself and easy target for a good joke :) but she's always the type to laugh along with us. My favorite story I think of when I think of laughing with/or about my mom is this.... One day on the way to Church, I believe, we got in the car and Mom was getting on our case about some thing, I don't remember what, and was pretty mad. She then said her famous line in a some what angry voice "Don't make me get ugly!" and my older sister hesitantly and quietly, but loud enough for mom and all of us to hear said "Too late." we all busted up laughing because we were all thinking that same thing and at this point my Mom's anger immediately left and she began to laugh still trying to put us in our place but couldn't recover from laughing. To this day I still don't remember what we did to make her so mad but I do remember mom easily forgiving us, that is just her way. There are so many many stories of my Mom I could share to convince you of how amazing she really is but I don't need to do that because she is MY MOMMA and I already know she is the GREATEST! Any one that knows her knows how great she is and how much fun she is to be around. Thank you Mom for the "bread" you gave me in life I am forever indebted to you. I Love you!
okay I need a tissue....
E Loves her Grandma!


5 comments:
what a busy life you lead...! wow! Good job and all the cleaning and stuff so early in the day, that is a feat! HAPPY BIRTHDAY B! (for K's mom in case you read the comments!)
Tyler and I sang mom happy birthday on the phone for her. I did the higher part at the end like on the office...you know what I'm talking about? Anyway, it sounded great. Mom is great!
I have to agree as well...she is pretty amazing!
K-I can't believe in the whole time that I have known you I never once have met your mom!!!!!! Anyway, happy birthday to her!!!!! Moms are great!!!!!!!! It really makes you appreciate who they are and what they do after you have your own children!!!!!!!! And then you realize WOW these women are AMAZING!!!!
What a bad daughter you are!! I'm so ashamed-hahaha! Happy Birthday to your mom!!!!!
Post a Comment