Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It's 12:30 in the AM! I can't sleep and I knew this would happen. I went to a late movie(Baby Mama was the movie, it was funny!) and by late movie I mean the 9:30 show and let me tell ya that is pretty late for this mama! To stay awake I drank some yummy Dr. Pepper, ate five red vines, lots of sour patch kids, and some reeses pieces and now I can't fall asleep. So what to do, what to do, umm okay blog.... I can't think of what to blog about nothing too interesting happened.... the other day I had a raccoon in my back yard in broad day light.... it was a little freaky but cool because I've never seen a real raccoon in person and never thought I would but what do ya know.....

(there he is sniff'n one of J's dirty diapers, he was a big one! never mind the trash bags in my yard. It wasn't trash it was recycling just so you know I don't keep my garbage out back piled up I just hadn't gotten around to taking the recycling to the store yet!)Umm so nothing else is coming to me.......What's with the gas prices?!! It's kind of making me mad and I feel so helpless/hopeless with my ability to do much about it. Okay so that's depressing and boring... umm what else?

Okay I've got it.

I've been thinking of making goals for myself and I seem to do it in my head often but if I don't write them down I never really do them. So here I go
1.Learn a new skill- I really feel the need to learn some thing new just for me. I thought about taking piano lessons because I've always wanted to be able to play but we'll see if I can afford it or have the time, plus no piano for me to practice on would make it tough too. The other thing I thought about was learn more about photography, it's fun and interesting and I could use it some day and I really appreciate artistic photographs and would love to have some of my own that I can say "I took that!" My friend does it for a hobby, my mom does it for the same reason and I think I could be good at it. I just don't have a nice camera, not yet any way! My friend did a quick "photography tips" class for an enrichment night and it kind of got me thinking I can do it. So I think I'll give one of those a try.
2.Read more often-I'm not much of a reader. I'm slow at reading and I have two kids that drive me nuts when I do sit down to a book so that makes it hard and it always takes me a long time to finish a book. But I think I still want to find a good book every now and then and read for my sake, for a little me time! I feel like my brain is dying and knows nothing but kids and I want to know more than just kids :) No offense to my kiddos I love them but I need some thing else to fall back on!
3. I want to be more organized in my home- I have a long way to go but I think I'll just start with baby steps. The main thing I want to be more organized in is meal planning, which I've totally been slacking in, and house work. I do both of those but I could definitely improve. I clean but with no set schedule as to what I clean when and I forget what I have done. I know it would help me to be more organized that way. I'm in a recipe rut right now and need to get out of it, I need more dinner ideas!

On a more spiritual side....
4.Hold FHE more regularly- My daughter is 4, she is learning so much I would hate for me not to take advantage of this time and leave out some of the most important things in life she will ever learn. J is learning a lot too and repeating a lot of what I say and do and he can definitely start picking stuff up now. We do have FHE but not regularly and I know I want to change that now!
5. Go on more Dates(with my hubby:)- I know I said spiritual things now, but to me this is some what spiritual. My marriage is important to me and I feel like my spirits are higher and I'm happier after I've spent some alone time with my best friend, the man I married. After we get that time together I feel like I have more patience and love for my family(aka children) and I enjoy them more and it's just a nice feel to have in the home.
6.Read the Scriptures more-I'm so bad at this and have made this goal so many times in my life, why is it so hard for me?!!! I know I have a better day when I do read them so why do I "forget"?!
7.Be a bit more nice to every one-I'm not a mean person, or at least I don't think I am. I try not to judge but I'm sure I do some times and I never am flat out rude But I never feel good when I'm having a bad day and take it out on some one else, or think mean thoughts about some one, whether I know them or not, it never feels good. I think by this one I mean to say find the good in people. It seems like when I do this (find the good in people) that I associate with or random strangers that seem some what weird, I feel better about myself, if that makes sense? I think the world and the people in it have a lot of good even with so much evil around I know there is much good in people too, I want to try and see that more, it's less depressing.
8.Strengthen my testimony- of the things I know to be true. I am in primary at church and I love my little sunbeams but feel as though I'm not working on my testimony that much lately. I know I can do that on my own time but I love relief society and miss going and I need to make it a goal to work more on being more spiritual, not like a spiritual weirdo but just remind myself of what I know to be true.
9. Be a better visiting teacher-I love making friends and getting to know people yet I have a hard time going visiting teaching. I know it's an important thing that the prophets have asked us to do to "watch over each other" and it's not like it's that hard of a thing to do but I'm a slacker and just need to do it!
10.play with my kids more- I feel like I have kind of put my kids on the back burner from time to time and I don't play enough with them. I take them to the parks etc. but rarely get down on the floor and just play. When I do they love it and have so much fun and I love it too. I do play hide and seek with E and she loves it! I need to do more stuff like that though and they are much of my life and I love them so much. I need them as much as they need me and vice versa.
There ya go 10 goals of mine and I totally just bored you all to death, my whole 10 readers out there :) Thanks for sit'n this one out it was mostly for me. It's really late, or shall I say early in the morning I think the caffeine and sugar have worn off now. I'm off for a few hours of sleep. Night!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

I think those are all great goals. Isn't it funny how the night gives you all sorts of thougts to mull over... :)

I hope you had fun at your movie, and most of all, I hope you SLEPT last night!!!

Katie L said...

Great goals! I think I would also really like to learn a new skill. I've always wanted to learn to knit, but haven't had the patience to learn. I also need to orginize meal time too. So often I don't even think about what to make for dinner until it's too late to pull meat out of the freezer, or when i want to try a new recipe but forget to go to the store to buy the special ingredients i don't have on hand. Yes, meal time is what I struggle with the most lately. I'm tired of making the same 5 meals, tired of eating out, but can't get out of my cooking slump.

Gee, it seems everything you want to work on are things I also need to work on! Hey, was that movie really funny? I love that a late night now means 9:30! Sad but so true-hahahaha!