Weird Quirky Me
So J loves cereal in the mornings now. I try not to give it to him every day so that he'll still like to eat things like oatmeal, eggs, and other breakfast foods. Any way I don't mind that he eats cereal because he can use the spoon pretty good and feeds himself. He even drinks his left over milk by himself, but I can't stand watching him or any one for that matter drink their leftover milk. I don't know why it grosses me out so much but it does. Did I teach him that? Nope, he just did it on his own. I think he watches E a lot more than I notice :) What is my deal though?! My Dad drinks his leftover milk or at least he did, my siblings some of them do but I have never (to my knowledge) drank my excess cereal milk and if I ever did it was before I could remember anything. I remember when I was little, my dad teasing me saying it's silly that I don't just drink it but I can't do it! By the time my cereal is gone the milk is all warm and some times a different color and I just can't bring myself to do it! Is that weird?! I don't waste the milk though, if I have extra milk I just add a little bit more cereal until the milk is gone. I know this is so weird and I'm pretty sure C has told me I'm weird about this subject of drinking excess cereal milk but whatever, that is just one of my weird quirky things about me that I'm sure he loves ;)uuuhg, I just gaged right now
17 comments:
That is so funny! Can you believe my kids wouldn't even KNOW how to drink the milk because they so rarely eat cereal. I am sure that they would LOVE to drink the milk if they knew how... :)
You're lucky that your kids will eat cereal. I have tried so many times to get Hallie to eat cereal- she gags when there's milk involved. They will eat the marshmallows out of the box, but that's it. Breakfast is a difficult meal for us because Hallie usually requests chicken nuggets or hot dogs!
No you are not weird (I don't know if that means a lot coming from me). I also have weird things that bug me.. like how chris bites down on the fork and makes a funky noise.. and I don't like when noses touch me.
hey, i feel the same way about drinking leftover milk!!! who knew? brady has made fun of me more than once about this particular quirk. i'm glad to know that i'm not the only wierdo around.
I'm the same way. It doesn't gross me out when other people do it, I just don't. And I rarely finish the last swig of milk in my cup too.
the leftover milk is great...sugary and maybe chocolaty if you ate cocoa pebbles...sorry probably making you nauseous, but I am totally with J on this one!
Racehl,
I think my kids love cereal because we both are big cereal eaters. So if you guys don't eat it much that is probably why your kids don't eat it much.
Les
that is funny that Hallie gags when milk is involved, I don't blame her though :) E will some times request Mac N Cheese for breakfast, I can't bring myself to give it to her.
Kara,
I'm glad you don't think it's weird, sounds like you have some fun weird quirks about you, no noses eh?
Rebecca
I'm glad we're on the same page. I think it's the job of our hubbies to find things to tease us about. I'm sure I have some stuff on C I just have to think about it.
Kanani,
I'm totally with you on the last swig of milk in a glass even if it's chocolate milk and of course C makes fun of me. Maybe I'm not so weird after all!
Andrea,
I think I've come to the conclusion that I'm not weird but in the majority! So does that make you the weird one ;)
SIIIIICK!!! I could never drink the milk out of the bowl. My eyes are watering right now just thinking about it. One time Tyler did it in front of me and I almost threw up! I have to eat the cereal really fast too because if it is remotely soggy I'll puke. I don't know if any of our siblings drink the milk besides David...
Yeah...Really no one in our family does. I think it is disgusting as well. All of my roommates have always made fun of me for it. In fact, we were just talking about it the other day. I have to look away when anyone does it. It's all about eating more cereal to finish off the milk. That's how I remember mom and dad teaching us to not waste it. But I don't even like drinking milk in general. Gross! I think it's pretty much our whole family that is weird about it.
Well Allie I thought for some reason you did but I guess I was wrong. I think you did when you were little. but I do know Dad does or at least he did and David does too. And dad eats rice with milk and sugar, and he's slurp it up, gag! The only time I drink milk in a cup is with yummy warm Chocolate Chip Cookies, mmmm, or brownies! I talked to mom and she says the reason we are all weird about it is because she is, we learned it from her! But I have decided more people don't drink their left over milk and so I think we are the normal ones and they are the weird ones :)
I'm with Andrea on this one! The leftover milk is the best. One of the very few times I even drink the stuff. Love it, love it, love it!
You ARE weird! :)
I'm holding back my gag right now thinking about drinking cereal milk...
wendy
I'm totally with you on this! I never drink my left over cereal milk!!! EVER!!!
That is so funny Kristin! I haven't even ever thought about the left over milk being gross! You are so funny!!!!!
K and all you other family members who are confused, I never drink the last of the milk. But K has it right, I just add more cereal to any milk left. I never like to slup it up by itself, but if you think about it, what's the difference, it all ends up in the same place anyway. Even those who don't add more cereal near the end, when does the whole thing become disgusting or "uneatable"? Is it half way thru the bowl? 1/4 way? 3/4 of the way? When? Who decides when the milk is no longer "fit for consumption"?
What about that last bite? What is the difference between the milk you just swallowed with that bite and the milk you have now left in the bowl as "unconsummable"? Just some thoughts. I think we all probably realize it's all a mind game.
Dad.
Post a Comment