Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Man where do I start.....
So the whole Pellet thing well yeah it got me worried especially after today.
Here goes, my long day....
We went to the Playland in McDonalds with some other mommies and kids and it was stressful/fun, I know both? But it was, they had fun for a while but "baby girl" (I babysit her) freaked out much of the time and that stressed me out a bit, since she's not MINE! E had a melt down or two and J was tired. We leave and go home after a while of me feeling more stress than any thing. All three fall alseep in the car, yes! "Baby Girl's" mommy comes to get her and E wakes up, J is still sleeping in his room and every thing is fine for now. E goes to the park with some friends from down the street and I tell them I'll meet them there with J in a bit, it never happen and here's why.... I go inside and J is awake SCREAMING crying and SCREAMING so I go up and finally figure he had pooped in his diaper and then fell asleep in it. Let me back track a bit. He has had diarrhea pretty much since the whole Pellet thing happened, which has worried me a bit since that has been a few days now but I'm pretty sure all the pellets are out but still a little concerned. On with the story....So I change his diaper and he is not letting up with his screaming and crying so I try to comfort and console him nothing worked not even a bath which he LOVES. He sat in the bath screaming in pain holding his tummy and dry heaving while I called the Dr. all panicky. I tell him the whole pellet story and that he's had diarrhea ever since and is now in a lot of pain screaming (which I didn't have to tell him that he could hear it). So he says "well I can't see a connection with the pellets because they were so small and round and most likely all came out, so just watch him for another day or two, give him fluids, yada yada yada." Nothing terribly comforting and then adds "How did he get a hold of those pellets any way?" That ticked me off to say the least! But I handled it well but he could tell that was THE WRONG question to ask this mother. Any way J is still screaming I call C in tears and I tell him what's going on and that I'll call him back with more news. I finish J's bath get him diapered with tons of bum cream on his poor red bum and he's still crying. I call the Dr. again, he calls me back just as J is calming down for good I think. I tell the Doc "he cried for an hour non stop and held his tummy what should I do? when do I know when to take him in etc." The Doctor tells me to watch for some more specific symptoms and if these happen take him in to the ER immediately. Much more comforting words this time and no stupid remarks, thank you! By the way I'm in tears on the phone with the doc so I think he could tell I'm seriously worried. So I hang up with him and J is calm still, thank heaven. I check his diaper, another diarrhea one poor kid. I think that was the cause of his screaming in pain but who knows I'm just going to do what the doc said and watch and see, if it happens again I'm taking him in. After his diaper change he's soooo happy and playful, same cute fun little boy, WEIRD! I didn't know what to think. I go and get E from her friends and J stays and plays for a while and he looks totally fine, whatever. So I come home and he has another filled yucky diaper, I change it and bathe him again because it is so acidy that it burns his already red soar bum. He's happy though and that is all that matters. Daddy comes home while J's in the bath. I had already called C earlier and told him what the doc said and so we were just discussing it in the bathroom and J starts running, that's right running in the bath tub. We tell him to sit down and don't do that, you'll fall etc. etc. So we're still talking and of course he stands up and slips and falls and smacks his chin SO hard on the side of the tub I thought for sure "he broke his jaw, that's it now we really have to go to the ER!" It was a loud smack sound and he is again SCREAMING and crying and bleeding from the chin. We decide it's not broken but we look under his chin and the skin is busted open pretty wide. It's not a huge cut length but it's wide open and needs stitches. I look at the clock and it's just before 8pm. "I'm not going to the ER, he's tired what can we do?" I say to C. He looks at it and sees it not gushing blood but would need stitches to not scar as much so we're thinking "what else can we do, butterfly bandage, what?" then C says "well crazy glue? They use it all the time in the hospital but they don't call it crazy glue of course but it's the same thing." so I say "lets do it" so we distract him and C crazy glued our boy's chin shut, yep we're so white trash! Our son's chin is crazy glued closed because I refused to sit in a waiting room for hours for two or three stitches! It worked and J didn't cry at all, just a little "ow" came out of him and he was fine. Then we put a bandage over it so he didn't pick at it, we'll see how it turns out. I can't believe we did that. So to say the least I've been a bit frazzled today and stressed. What should have been a fun day with friends and sunshine kinda turned out crazy, on well. I'm tired now, my brain hurts and I'm off to bed. Pictures another day sorry!

4 comments:

lynsey said...

Y.I.K.E.S.

so sorry to hear about your day, i hope tomorrow is better for you! poor little guy with the stomach & now the chin. nice thinking though, with the crazy glue stuff. i know you call it white trash, but i think little J had enough fun & just needed some rest.

lynsey said...

you are so funny! i don't even look at how long people are on my blog. but if someone else decided to take a peek, they'd see that i am also on for hours...for the same reason. some people can't stand the music playing automatically when they come onto the blog but who cares? i love it. thanks for the compliment about the music!

Toby and Tammy said...

CRAZY day!
Hope things look better tomorrow!

khepworth said...

What a day!

We had a similar situation wtih Gavin splitting his chin open. He just got out of the tub, we wrapped him up in a towel, as he went to walk he stepped on the bottom of his towel and went down. His hands/arms were wrapped in the towel and the only thing there to catch his fall was his chin.

It split open. Kurt was like, I can fix this, we'll just glue it shut. We did what you guys did. (not saying that it won't work for you) We glued it shut, steri stipped it, and put a butterfly bandage on it.

It held up pretty good for about 2 days. And then we'd do it again. It was hard to keep it dry and clean. Slobber from the sippy cup, food dribbling down his chin, him picking the bandages off,etc.

Finally about a week later at church he picked the steri stips and bandage off and it was kind of bleeding. It was a pretty good gash. Even for the glue to hold it shut. It was then that we decided to take him and get stitches. He got like 12 of them. Of course after 2 days he had pulled 4 of them out.

I will say that his chin healed up nicely and the scar is minimal. IF you do get stitches: they can numb the chin area which is really nice and easy for your kid. The hard part, (and I couldn't stay in the room for it) was when the docs had to force/hold his arms, legs, head, whole body down to do the stitches. He screamed and cried like crazy. It was sad and too hard for me to hear.

It was pretty scary when it happened. Sorry for the long post. I guess if anything, keep it dry and clean. Good luck!