Be warned: this post contains some personal medical stuff you may or may not want to hear about.
So to all you who are curious and asking questions about what is going on with me, here ya go...(I will try to leave out the not so fun/gross details)
I am still having complications with this miscarriage that started at the beginning of December.
The Doc thought that this was going to be like most miscarriages and would take care of itself, with time.
Well after MANY times being stuck with needles getting blood drawn and tested, after blood drawn and tested, after...well you get my point. Yes, lots of blood drawn! And then after a few ultra sounds the Doc finally decided that this was not "normal". And I Quote "I have never seen anything like this, this is just so weird!" Now don't get me wrong I love my Doctor, he's actually been really really awesome, the best OB I have had. But after yet another trip to the hospital and talking to other Doctors about my situation, I have come to find that I am just a "weird" case. NICE!
I never wanted to be "that" patient. That weird "lets do a study on you" patient but it is looking to be that way.
Any way here is what has happened.
My pregnancy was not even really a pregnancy.
There was a yolk sack with little to nothing in it. When we first found this out in December my yolk sack was measuring at about 6-8 weeks in gestation, where as I thought I was 13 weeks pregnant. I went on vacation after my Doctor told me my body would just continue to rid itself of this on its own.
Well I was gone three weeks and saw the doc right after I got back. My HCG levels (hormone levels) were dropping like they should during a miscarriage, but they seemed to be doing it slowly, much slower than most cases.
After two or three weeks of drawing blood and "watching my numbers drop" slowly, my doc decided to do another ultra sound to make sure that every thing was "coming out" like it should.
All this time I knew something was wrong. I knew because I wasn't "bleeding" like you should when you miscarry. I knew because I felt bloated and just like I was not normal, like my body didn't know what it was doing. I couldn't explain it, but I knew some thing was not right. How do you tell a Doctor that?!
So going on... They do the ultra sound and see that the yolk sack is still in there and then they measure it. Yes, here is the weird part...the yolk sack now measured 13 weeks! It had grown! Still nothing in it, a little blood but no baby. So my hcg levels were dropping like they should when you miscarry but my yolk sack was doubling in size over a months time. That is when the Doc began saying "I have never seen any thing like this" "this is not normal" yada yada yada. Stuff I never want to hear come out of my docs mouth when it comes to my body.
The solution to this problem was to have a D&C. Which they put you "out" for. I felt good about this decision and so did my Doctor. So we went a head and did the D&C last week. That was my procedure I had last Wednesday.
Again, I could kind of tell some thing was not 'right" after the procedure, I wasn't "bleeding" like they told me I would. I just felt like some thing was off, but thought maybe I was just being paranoid or it was the "drugs" talking.
Well Tuesday, not quite a week after my procedure, I began bleeding way too much. I began to get concerned in the evening and decided to call the doc. After waiting it out and talking to him a couple of times we both felt I needed to go to the ER just to make sure.
To make this long story shorter. I went home that night with every thing being just OK. I went to the Doc yesterday morning to have me "looked at". They decided to do another ultra sound and yes, they found yet another "weird" thing. I had lots of clotting going on "I have not seen this before" comes out of the Docs mouth yet again. NICE!
I had a painful little procedure done to hopefully help my body rid itself of this clotting and have been put on more drugs. Then back to the Doc on Monday to continue my treatment for my clotting.
I, yet again, still feel like some thing is not right. What to do?! Just wait till Monday I guess probably to hear "this is not normal" again.
So there ya have it. The whole story, in short.
I'm ready to be done with this.
I don't know how much more physically, emotionally and spiritually I can take of this.
Lets just pray I can endure.
Thanks for listening to me vent!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
And I Quote....
Posted by Kris at 8:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I talked to mom last night and she told me everything. Yikes! I hope everything is OK. I will call on my lunch break ;)
wow. I hope all ends up well for you. and I hope you feel better!
Oh, my! I had no idea!! We obviously missed that when we talked a couple weeks back! I hope they figure everything out and you get back to "normal!" Love ya.
Wow! I too hope that things get back to normal and that you feel better.
I'm so sorry!! I hope everything starts healing quickly and you start feeling better real soon!!
seriously go into the dr./ER again even if you feel dumb doing it. if you don't feel "normal" then just listen to that instinct. you've been right before & it's always better to be safe than sorry! i feel so badly for all that you're going through.
Love ya Kristin! You are so strong - and a great example.
I am so sorry!!! What a real pain in the booty. I hope this all gets worked out soon.
Oh Kristin...I had no idea. I hope they will be able to figure it out soon. In the meantime, we'll be praying for you.
Hang in there! At times, my favorite words are "and it came to pass". . . I hope this will all be over for you soon!
I had no idea you were going through that. I'm sorry that this hasn't gone easier for you and allowed you to be able to move on. Let me know if I can do anything for you or watch your kids!
Post a Comment