Thursday, February 26, 2009

Her new 'do'

I finally convinced E to get her hair cut. She is so funny about her hair, she always says "I want my hair really really long like Auntie Kims." in response to my asking if she wants her hair cut.

I like her long hair, it looks so cute but I hate brushing it. I hate the fight we have to get it done. I hate washing it and conditioning it, because she "can't do it, it's too hard to wash by myself". I wanted to be done with these fights and just chop it off.

Her BFF got her hair cut really short for the up coming summer season and when I said "Look MJ got her hair cut, do you want to get yours cut too?" She finally gave in and said yes!

I was excited when she finally agreed! I didn't want to do it myself this time since her hair has gotten thicker and harder to cut and I knew it would just a be a fight the whole time I would "try" to cut it. So I decided to take her to a place called "Cookie Cutters" to have them do it for me. I knew she'd put up less of a fight for them making it easier on all of us. It is such a cute place! They have a small playground in there for the kids while they wait and then they sit in cute chairs in the form of cars or tractors or dinosaurs. They also have a T.V. with cartoons playing at each station so they can watch something while they get their hair cut.

E chose the pink Mini Cooper to sit in while she got her hair cut and she chose to watch Max and Ruby to watch. She was so excited and she was so good it took just a few minutes to chop off a few inches. What a relief!

I forgot to take the camera so no pictures of the cute place, sorry. But here are the results....

I forgot to take a before picture but this was taken just a week or so ago
And the after pictures...
I LOVE it on her! She looks so cute! And thankfully she loves it too!
And here is my funny boy posing for me like his sissy did, even though he did not get his hair cut. He's so cute I couldn't not take pictures of him while he's saying "look at me mama, look at me!" The lovely junk all of his face is nice too!

4 comments:

lynsey said...

she is too cute! well they both are you know, but i love her new haircut. kiss those tangles goodbye!

Lindy said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

That's so cool you found a kiddie hair cutting place. They should have one of those in Rexburg! It would be packed all the time...
I love that you got a pic of the back of J's head, even though he didn't get a haircut!

Rachel Holloway said...

haha--I am just reading this after we took Jenna to Cookie Cutters yesterday for her haircut. How funny! Great minds think alike! Love that place!!