These superhero capes are so cute. They are reversible which is such a great idea, two capes in one. They are so fun and easy to make.
I got this idea off of my friends blog here and she got the tutorial on it from here. When I saw it I knew I had to make them, they are just so cute.
I made my own pattern for it out of paper so I could reuse it, like if my capes get totally ruined of if I want to make them for friends or family. I got the 'S' and Batman symbols from the second site I mentioned above but I made up my own CTR one.
I asked E if she wanted a girl superhero cape and she said yes of course. I asked her what she wanted on it, "supergirl and what else?" she responded "CTR!" how cute is that?! So I looked on line at a CTR ring and then free-handed my CTR symbol for her second symbol on her reversible cape.
Here are my pics. Don't look too closely at my stitching, it's not perfect! But I was still so proud of myself, mainly for the fact I had to make up my own Symbol (that was the hardest part).
My kids have been running around non-stop this morning asking me for reasons to go "rescue" their dolls, stuffed animals, toys and even me. They'll say "is the house on fire mommy?" "we need to rescue all our toys and you if it is!"
It is so cute.
*side note:If you want to make these, use the tutorial from the second site I gave you, or you can ask me I don't mind.
**On her tutorial, though she doesn't tell you how to make a pattern she just free hands the pattern of the cape right onto the fabric but I thought it would be better to have a pattern to keep.
***If any one wants to make one that lives near me you can borrow my pattern if you'd like, just let me know. Even if you want to make bigger ones you can just add more length to it.
6 comments:
Ha! Love that last pic. I'm glad to know someone is keeping you safe from house fires and supervillains while I am away.
Oh my heck Kristin! These are sooo dang cute!!!! Your kids are so adorable! I might just have to make them for my kids too! I KNOW they both would LOVE a cape! What a fun idea!!!:) Thanks for sharing!!!!
I am so glad your kids loved them! You did a great job! My kids love theirs still...and when Jenna saw E's she said "I WANT A CAPE LIKE THAT!" Very cute job!!!
Your capes turned out so good! Too bad I don't have any kids to make one for... I will stick with handbags and headbands for now! Oh and that last pic of J is awesome! Ha ha ha...
Awesome! I may have to do that... when I can find some time!! I love the picture or J!!
So cute!
Post a Comment