After I took E out of preschool (which by the way, I'm glad I did) I put her in a dance class. I thought it would be fun for her to learn some thing new and to have a little fun before she starts K-Garden in the Fall. Also it gives her something to do and look forward to every week.
Well my beautiful girl, though so talented in many other areas, is jut not that coordinated, making watching her dance pretty funny some times. I thought by doing this new class she would learn a little bit more coordination and how to control her body. It is so good for young kids to develop these skills, I've read things about how it helps the brain develop for reading etc. etc.
Any way she has only gone to 4 classes so far. She only goes once a week. I didn't want to push her into 'serious' dance stuff at such a young age, it is mostly just for fun, plus we cant afford any more than this. As I was saying she hasn't been more than a few times but I have noticed her 'dance/coordination' skills have slightly improved. I can tell she hears the beat of the music and can dance to it, even if it's only for a measure or two. I can tell she will use her arms and legs both while dancing to music which she never really could do before. You other mothers out there with a Child Prodigy don't judge her too quickly, I am not saying that is where my girl is heading, just that she is slightly getting better or more coordinated any way.
My girl has always loved music and dancing to it, even when she was a baby. She was never that coordinated like I said, but she loved it. Daily, we have little dance parties in our kitchen. I turn on i-tunes making sure there are songs with good beats to them (and clean lyrics as well) playing and we all dance around like fools, but it is so fun for the kids (and me too, but don't tell any one). E never had any good moves until recently. Maybe it's because she is just getting older, but I think having this class has helped a bit too.
Here is a video of one of our dance parties we had while making cookies after dinner one night. E seemed to be in a particularly hyper mood and I got a good video of her new found 'dance skills' if you want to call them that :)
I laugh every time I watch this, it's too funny!
If you watch closely you'll see her pause in the middle, strike a pose, make a thumbs up and a silly face like she is so cool or something, it's hilarious! My favorite part is her moves at the end after I tell her to remember to use her arms too when she dances. I am proud of my silly girl!
Friday, February 27, 2009
My Dancing Queen
Posted by Kris at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, she is pretty good :). Did I miss a post? Why did you take her out of preschool?
Ha ha ha amazing! The pause and thumbs up part is priceless. She is straight gangsta!
Post a Comment